I guess my wife and I are going to try this as a team

Options
I have high blood pressure from both heredity and obesity, love to eat and drink more than I should and know it. I cannot speak for my wife but she is a great partner, we quit smoking together, have lost weight together and gained it back so here we go again. The site will take time to navigate, I have snooped around a bit and she says we get startewd tomorrow. Our Doctor uses this site so we will also. I need to lose 50 to 60 pounds and she does as well. No fun with the Holidays but we will make it work. So I hope.

Replies

• trishka48
    trishka48 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You guys can do it!
  • butterflygrl72
    Options
    This site is wonderful! everyone is really supportive! I think you will enjoy being on here and not find it as hard as it looks! Add me as a friend if you like!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    congrats!!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo jealous - wish my hub was on board :) best of luck to you know you will do awesome
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Make it happen! You can do it!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    MAKE it fun for the holidays!! Don't let it be anything you dread!! Use eachother, use the cold weather, something!! Promise snuggle time after to get warm!! I'm rooting for you both!! Can't wait for you to post results!! ENJOY this holiday season because the 2 of you are here and hopefully for a long time!! (Many holidays!!!)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This is a wonderfully supportive and fun place to be. . Welcome. . you two are going to do famously. ..
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You will be able to make it together!
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's great that you have each other for support and everyone here is rooting for you's. add me if you like:smile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    So much better as a team. As you can prepare meals around the same idea of eating clean and healthy.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    You are fortunate to be doing it together.
    I can only wish my Dh would partner up with me on my journey. He doesn't have any weight to lose - he is in pretty good shape but could use the extra energy but...well...I am on my own here.
    Fortunately, my 13yo is a terrific exercise partner.
    Even your dog can be an excellent partner or your ipod...no excuses - get out there and get movin!!

Keep pushing forward...:flowerforyou:
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great job to do it together, it will make it a lot easier...my husband isn't on a "diet" but he's lost 6-7 pounds since I joined MFP!! :laugh: He's eating healthier & more proportionately than before...so we've both lost since I started a diet which is good for both of us!! :wink:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    wishing both of you the best of luck on your journey. if you want help with the mental approach, please review my will power blog below and perform that activity.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Fantastic that you're doing this together. Just think where you and your wife can be with the weight loss by next summer :smile: . Best wishes to you both!!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You will love MFP with all of the tips, supoort, recipes. etc. Welcome aboard!
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My husband and I have lost over 100 lbs together (him 60/me 40) he doesn't use this site but I do, and it's really helped me stay focused and on track (when I use it!) I have 25 more to go, he has about 10, so we are back at it today (on "Phase II" of our journey)... we began at the beginning of this year, and it is truly inspiring that we were able to do this together... I'm sure it'll bring a close bond between you and your wife as you accomplish your goals! Congratulations on making the decision to get started, that is the first most critical step!
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!
    Fiance and I are doing it together as well. Makes it 100 times easier to have someone to keep you accountable at home.
    =]
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!! I would love to have an in house partner to do it with!!! It would be so much easier!!! I have to lose weight and hubbs need to gain, so it's hard!! Good luck!
  • airmazing
    Options
    congrats on finding this site ... as you are in this together so are my husband and i .. we work out together walk together and suffer together we keep each other going and it works !
  • 2011nowornever
    Options
    Best of Luck! My husband and I are doing this together too. Here's to all of us :)!