wanna get drunk?

Options
i was looking on that calculator thing and with 6 jager bombs and a beer thats my calories for the day omg how will i ever drink and be able to eat? it is important for me to have a couple when the kids are away and im with my hubby... who else has a problem with this? what do you do to cut calories but have fun? do i sound like a idiot posting this lol cause i kinda feel like it but its a question i need to ask

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    get a workout in..good luck
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Do it less often, and work out hard the days you do.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    quit drinking
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I normally only drink once a month and I just make sure that the days I do, I excersise more to compensate for it :)
  • lisamarie124
    Options
    Switch to a light beer...and say goodbye to the shots....i drink rum and diet coke which is managable....
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    switch to vodka and slimline and cut down the number you drink, and add in more workouts...best I can come up with.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Don't have 6? Have 1 :) Everything in moderation.. Comes down to what's more important to you. Extra drinks or extra lbs :flowerforyou:
  • kimmay420
    Options
    Are your jagerbombs with SF Redbull or Reg. Redbull? (If regular, try switching to SF).
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i drink the 55 beer. put in the freezer for a bit to get super cold. i have heard comments that it isn't good here before but i think it is good and even better when it's been in the freezer like i said.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If I know that I'm going out for a night of drinking I do a cardio workout and I don't eat all of my calories through the day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Jager is packed with sugar. Beer can be up to 250 cals per bottle if you buy microbrews.

Drink distilled liquors either on the rocks or with low cal mixer.
  • Lylora
    Lylora Posts: 21
    Options
    Exercise harder on the days you do, and cut extra calories that day and the day after. Also, alcohol can weaken your resistance, so make sure you don't start snacking while tipsy. I'm sure that was at least 10lbs of weight gain for me. I agree with you that I'm unwilling to cut alcohol from my life. It relaxes me and at the end of a long day, I really look forward to a glass of wine. That said, the one thing that lifestyle changes require is moderation. That means something different for everyone, but it probably does mean not getting drunk a few nights a week because you're right, you would have to stop eating! That said, it sounds like "when the kids are away" is sufficiently rare that as long as you're careful about it, no reason not to indulge...
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    If you plan on drinking..the burning it away prior to the time would be the way to go...or cut it to fit your caloric needs..keeping it under :wink:
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would stick w/ wine and light beer... you can drink enough to get a buzz and keep your calories in check. The high calorie mixers will get you too... so you may want to stick to diet or strait-up.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    "Vodka + diet coke" is actually OK.
    Or Whiskey perhaps.

Although the problem with alcohol is that it stops food from being burnt.

It is a toxin, so your body goes into panic mode, and eliminate the alcohol first, then resume digestion.

You're not a fool if you know how to do this:
    - Don't eat before so that you don't have a stupid amount of calories sitting in your stomach,
    - Go for strong alcohol/liquors (so that you can drink less for the same result),
    - Be sensible about it (i.e. don't overdo it, it is bad overall for fitness)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    well, you must decide what you REALLY want. 6 jager bombs will NOT facilitate your weight loss. In fact, not only will that use up all of your calories for the day, it will make you drunk. What happens when you're drunk. You eat. You eat bad, high calorie, junk, no-nutritional value things.

Also you will probably feel like crap tomorrow and eat more, feel sorry for yourself, eat more, then step on the scale, see a few pounds up, and for what????? Drinking like that is a vicious circle that is only going to lead to a fatter, unhealthy you.

What is your real priority? Do you really want to change your body?

1 drink, make it a white wine spritzer, and a healthy romantic meal. Go "work out" after, wake up early and "work out" again.

Now THAT'S a better choice.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    make sure you have exercise in your daily schedule and drink once in a while... don't drink it everyday. :)
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead- Exercise. Don't drink as much. Just a couple thoughts.

I too find myself sometimes wasting way more calories than I would like on alcohol, like I did this past weekend. It happens. When it does I will try and recapture some of the calories by hitting the gym a little harder and being more strict with the eating for the days to help regain the balance.

A lapse is expected time to time. Just make sure that a lapse doesn't become a relapse.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    when I want to have a drink especially when we we are out with friends I do not eat any snacks that day and I choose low calorie liquor. Vodka is usually the best one and I mix it with water. I cheat of course and take a mio with me I usually use the sweet tea one. You only have the calories with the vodka and of course limit how many you have. Unfortunately jager is the worst calorie wise and the red bull doesn't help. I never touch beer thats like a meal in a can/bottle.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Consistant drinking and weightloss do not go along.

Truth hurts