Forum post removed - too explicit?

Options
2»

Replies

• CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    While I appreciate the sentiment and should probably throw in my "damn the man" two cents--this is truth:

if you give masses an inch, they'll take a yard. We all know this, and if you recognize you may be in that group too, you'll have achieved self awareness today. Congrats.

And sometimes when given an inch, that's really all you get, and then you don't return his calls and it gets awkward.....

....and that's why I love MFP and pushing the limits.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    To answer your questions.

1. There are forum rules, which apply to everyone who wishes to use the site.
    2. We recieve reports from other MFP members on risque, or other types of rule breaking posts
    3. As a general rule, the VOLUNTEER Moderators do not go sifting through the posts looking for things to delete, but if we come across an infraction we clean it up
    4. We have at our discrection whether to just delete the post, or send a warning. 2 warnings and then Mike or Steven get involved in suspensions.

For this reason I am less liberal on sending warnings to people who are not looking to make a big deal, and I just delete the offending post.

I hope I have cleared up some of your questions.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    To answer your questions.

1. There are forum rules, which apply to everyone who wishes to use the site.
    2. We recieve reports from other MFP members on risque, or other types of rule breaking posts
    3. As a general rule, the VOLUNTEER Moderators do not go sifting through the posts looking for things to delete, but if we come across an infraction we clean it up
    4. We have at our discrection whether to just delete the post, or send a warning. 2 warnings and then Mike or Steven get involved in suspensions.

For this reason I am less liberal on sending warnings to people who are not looking to make a big deal, and I just delete the offending post.

I hope I have cleared up some of your questions.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator

Actually, that was what I wanted to hear. Believe me, I am not asking that we all are given unlimited reign. I appreciate the staff and understand it can be tough. Some poeple love to complain. I was just curious.

For the record, I do not support the bashing of holy men or women with small cute animals. I was simply using that as an example to make my point. I think we should only beat Cardinals and Bishops with really fat ugly animals. Like a duck-billed playpus. Unless, you are from Texas, then you can't do anything since apparantly no one from Texas is capable of beating a Cardinal. Ha!!! Skadoooosh. I am out.
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options

I think we should only beat Cardinals and Bishops with really fat ugly animals. Like a duck-billed playpus. Unless, you are from Texas, then you can't do anything since apparantly no one from Texas is capable of beating a Cardinal.

43063-Cute-Brown-Platypus-Waving-Poster-Art-Print.jpg
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    GOOOO CARDS!!! :)

(Hey! I like platypussssses... "Where's Perry?.. OH! There you are! He's a platypus - they don't do much.").

You offended a platypus. I think I should report you.