Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies-83 calories

Options
nkswans
nkswans Posts: 469 Member
A lesser-calorie version of the traditional Caramel Apple.

Yield 4 dozen

6 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
3/4 cup finely chopped dried apple slices
3/4 cup caramel bits or 16 small soft caramel candies, chopped

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl; stir well.
3. Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat at low speed until just combined. Fold in apple and caramel bits.
4. Drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten balls slightly with hand. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

Nutritional Information

Amount per servingCalories: 83
Fat: 2g
Saturated fat: 1.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
Protein: 1.1g
Carbohydrate: 15.5g
Fiber: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 8mg
Iron: 0.4mg
Sodium: 74mg
Calcium: 17mg

Helen Worthington, Meridian, Mississippi, Cooking Light
MARCH 2010

Replies

• Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yummy thanks!!!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ; )
  • txhunnygirl
    Options
    I will for sure be baking these! Thanks!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I *love* fall flavors. You've inspired me to finally crack open my gluten-free baking mix that I've been hoarding for months. Thank you!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    What a cool idea! Thanks :D
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I have to make these over the next weekend!!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump :)sounds yummy
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • nkswans
    Options
    I *love* fall flavors. You've inspired me to finally crack open my gluten-free baking mix that I've been hoarding for months. Thank you!

Me too! I love baking with apples, and pumpkins. So delicious! I will be making these for Halloween night. I don't have children or get trick or treaters in my apartment building so my boyfriend and I are staying in and watching scary movies while munching on these!
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    Bump - thanks :)
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Me too! I love baking with apples, and pumpkins. So delicious! I will be making these for Halloween night. I don't have children or get trick or treaters in my apartment building so my boyfriend and I are staying in and watching scary movies while munching on these!

haha, very cool :) I'm not much of a baker--this will be one of the first things I've baked in a while!--but I like playing around with different flavors like that. I bought some canned pumpkin and mix it with plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spices, and a bit of agave nectar...it's like a protein-packed, crustless pumpkin pie. Today I made a cheaper, slightly healthier version of a pumpkin spice latte...Silk Pumpkin Spice soymilk is on clearance at Target, so I took some of that, added some water (I don't like it too milky), and mixed it with pumpkin pie spices and instant coffee...voila! Way less sugar and fewer calories than Starbucks' version. :)
  • nkswans
    Options

haha, very cool :) I'm not much of a baker--this will be one of the first things I've baked in a while!--but I like playing around with different flavors like that. I bought some canned pumpkin and mix it with plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spices, and a bit of agave nectar...it's like a protein-packed, crustless pumpkin pie. Today I made a cheaper, slightly healthier version of a pumpkin spice latte...Silk Pumpkin Spice soymilk is on clearance at Target, so I took some of that, added some water (I don't like it too milky), and mixed it with pumpkin pie spices and instant coffee...voila! Way less sugar and fewer calories than Starbucks' version. :)

Yum! Pumpkin Spice Soymilk! Sounds delicious. I love canned pumpkin, it is so versatile and be added to anything.
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I made these today. Super yum!!!! I ended up making mine a bit smaller, so mine ended up about 67 cals a piece. Low cal decadence!!
  • stephanie1187
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • lotuspixie
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!
  • carriem29
    Options
    YUM!
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options