College Girls Group?

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I hope all you girls are surviving Halloween okay!!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NOVEMBER!

How'd you all do on drinking 8 glasses of water every day? Post the results!

The monthly challenge for November is to have 3-5 servings of vegetables each day throughout the month.

French fries do NOT count.
  • thiiinmiiint
    Options
    Junior engineering. Killing me and my wagon:grumble:
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    damn.... veggies is gonna be hard!
    water = success!!! for the most part... (i counted crystal lite as water..... tap stuff is nasty)
  • kater8er
    Options
    Junior engineering. Killing me and my wagon:grumble:

This was me last year...Senior engineering is just as hard but you don't care anymore.
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    definitely had 8 glasses of water a day but this next challenge will be really difficult! i'll work on incorporating more veggies but it's so hard with the caf at my school :/
  • allyfry
    allyfry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    6th year grad in engineering. Reaching the point where its hard and you don't care anymore is actually a great survival skill. You will always be given more work than you can possibly get done. You'll only have time for sleep, exercise, and/or a meager social life if you stop when your efficiency plummets. Don't wait until you actually finish or understand enough, it rarely happens. lol
  • christine24t
    Options
    i definitely get vegetables most days so this shouldn't be too bad, but we will see! the water thing went better, i got up to about 6 glasses most days!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    definitely had 8 glasses of water a day but this next challenge will be really difficult! i'll work on incorporating more veggies but it's so hard with the caf at my school :/
    I'm in the same boat!
  • Redheadbkb
    Redheadbkb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've been looking for college girls on this site. I'm a senior majoring in psychology, looking to go to a post-bacc premed program next year.

My current weight is approximately 173, and I'm not sure where my ultimate goal is. I want to get down to the 150s and see how I look. I've never made it there. I'm doing Fitness Together, which is a personal training/nutrition program, and so far I've lost about 6 pounds since the beginning of October.

Eating at the dining hall makes this whole thing way more difficult!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I seriously guzzle water all day long--especially when I'm doing an intense workout.

I love the veggie challenge!
  • mlwood428
    mlwood428 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a group like this, glad I've finally found one :)

I'm a senior, Spanish education major. I'm especially going to need the support next semester, which is my final internship, since I will be crazy busy.
  • kater8er
    Options
    WEIGH IN:

11/2/2011

Weight: 159.8 lbs
    Net: +0.8 lbs

NEW CHALLENGES:
    1) Stay within 100 calories of your daily goal each day this week.*
    *Some people eat their exercise calories back, others don't--if you do, stay within 100 cals of that number, if you don't, stay within 100 cals of that number.

2) Run a mile in the fastest time you can once this week--post your time next week.
  • christine24t
    Options
    Date 10/26/11
    CW: 162 lbs
    Net difference: +1 pound

Been slacking a little lately, so the gain is understandable. I have been flucuating a little bit lately.I'm trying with the water, and I'm getting up to more cups!! I got a few days in with more than 30 mins exercise too!

Date 11/2/11
    CW: 159.6 (Round up to 160)
    Net difference: - 2 lbs

It's still been up and down lately but I'll take it. And oh my gosh those challenges!! Calories might be hard on Saturday since I'm going to a concert but I am going to try every other day! That is good incentive to stop eating the candy at my work. And I'm gonna take the mile challenge on to!
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    10-26-11
    Weigh in: 129
    Net diff: -1

Exercised 4 days for 30-60 mins. Drank lots of water! and was strict about logging everything except for saturday and sunday struggled a little.

11-2-11
    Weigh In: 126.5
    Net diff: -2.5

I havent been running as much as i should this last week, so I am excited for the challenge..it will get me back in my running routine. Good luck girls!
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 161.2
    Difference: -2.4!

I did great with the water, I still got sick this past week (heading to the student health center once I finish up here). Not good on the veggies, however as my friends have noticed I have opened my diary up to them. I'm hoping this will encourage me to eat better, but it didn't work for day one I still ate a ton of Halloween candy, the rest is going out with the trash today though.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:

11/2/2011: 177.6
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    11/2

last week: 132.8
    this week: 131.6

net difference: -1.2 lbs
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! just finished my undergrad in secondary school teaching and now im doing a masters in theology, add that to work and karate my wagon is starting to slow down!! need something ta give it a kick start and to it moving again!! :tongue:
  • allyfry
    allyfry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    2Nov11
    Weigh in: 138.4
    Net: gain

Was good on the veggies for about half of the week :-/ Going to kick this week's challenge in the butt!