Something Quick For Breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• cierra0811
    Options
    Jimmy Dean D-lights breakfast sandwiches!! They're loaded with protein and good taste with low fat and low calories. The average time to warm up is a minute and a half.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You could do Eggo nutrigrain waffles. Pop them in the toaster while you are finishing getting ready and you can take it and eat it on the go.
  • samiem
    Options
    Those carnation breakfast drinks are great on the go. Come in tetra paks of 4, high in protein, great tasting too, and has some vitamins/ nutrients. Give it a try at least
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    Have any of you tasted like a waffle with peanut butter? Just thought of it, and not sure if it will taste as good as it sounds lol

I like to do 2 whole grain waffles with a tablespoon of Free Cool Whip..keeps me full for a few hours. It's about 200 cals. Or you can put jam or flavored light cream cheese.
  • tamaraherself
    Options
    I worry about the fat content
    In granola, how about yop, ensure shake, high fiber/low fat muffin or breakfast cookie?
    I made stove top stuffing ( high sodium...) then lined muffin tins with stuffing. Mixed egg whites, ham, green onion and cheese, pour over stuffing and bake till set. They make a tasty grab and go breakfast!!!!

You could do the same with healthier than stove top - just dry your own whole grain bread and break into chunks, then turn into stuffing by adding a hot vegetable broth with some seasonings of your choice. :)
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on waffles is SO good. This takes more than 30 seconds but you can also microwave "scramble" some eggs (I use a ramekin so it comes out in a "patty", like an egg McMuffin style) and then put it on a waffle or between english muffin, add whatever else you wish (cheese, pepper, veggies, w/e!). Relatively quick and keeps you going for a while :)

If I know I'm going to have a rough morning I pack granola (or bars), some kind of fruit (http://www.brothersallnatural.com/ - I LOVE this stuff, low cal and low sugar!!) and protein (usually string cheese, but sometimes hard boiled eggs, whatever I can find). Just keep it at a cal level that works for you and you can munch on it throughout the morning until you get to lunch!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this for the great ideas! I am up with plenty of time to eat before I leave for work, but I run out of breakfast ideas and get sick of the same thing every day, so this is great!
  • rosenh
    Options
    I lost 67 pounds in 11 months and I only did it because I plan plan plan. There are no quick fixes. I pack up my lunch the night before and I have the same breakfast every morning. If you want good health weight loss then you got a plan. You were hungry 10 minutes later because you only ate sugar. I am off all sugar and sugar substitute which was really hard but I am sure that is why I am able to stay on my plan of eating.You can pack a hard boil egg or some cheese. I eat 1oz of hard cheese with an apple. Could luck and If I can plan so can you.

Full time working mother of 6