hydroxicut!

Options
ok first sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but i wasn't sure if i should post here or in the dieting one. my question is has anyone used it and did it work for you?? I was using it for about two months and i did see results but at the same time that was when i was pushing myself the hardest at the gym and as far as counting my calories. now tbh idk if it was really working or if it was a mental thing or what but i did see results, both good and bad. yeah i lost some weight and had more energy but at the same time i started having really bad headaches and noticed them getting worse if i followed the "recommended" usage. i cut back on it and the headaches slowed and i cut it out all together and they stopped completely. now i kinda slacked off and i am making that push to get back to what i had, and even push further past that and i was thinking about using it again or one of the other supplements out there. so what are your thought on it? oh also....feel free to add me lol don't have many friends on this thing.

Replies

• njoithomp
    Options
    My only question for you is why would you go back on it when it caused you headaches? That seems like a clear indicator that you shouldn't take them. Just bust your *kitten* without them and see what happens...
  • dannylives3
    dannylives3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt take it. By the way. If you want more responses, try posting in the general weightloss section, the only reason being that there's more people there. But, yeah, I wouldnt take it.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    yeah id pass on the pills, especially when your getting an adverse reaction to them they are obviously to much for your body at once
    so just chuck em out and bust your *kitten*
  • danginar
    Options
    I have never been a fan of those kinds of products. The best way to lose weight is to control your calories, work out and drink lots of water. It is hard work, but the best way to lose and sustain the weight loss.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    This is what you have in your profile:
    "i try and try and get pretty close but always fall back, trying to make this time stick! "

So if you want it to stick do it the natural, hard-earned way. It can be fun.

And no never ever go back to it. You are young you have a full life ahead of you. It obviously wasn't for your body.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    but, what happens if your headaches come back? Why not keep them out, instead?

I tried it 10 years ago, right after I had my daughter, and I recall my heart feeling like it might explode out of my chest. I quickly put an end to that.

Did you notify your doctor about taking these pills, and if so, did you let your doctor know about the headaches? Just be careful not to hurt yourself.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    my only advice is to stop with the Hydroxycut. Just don't take it. IF you do lose some weight because of taking it, it will not be sustainable after you stop....and the main reason(s) why you may lose weight is because you feel horrible and don't eat as usual, and/or you body is reacting to the legalized speed you have introduced to it.

good luck!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    I've tried it, but didnt see to many if any results. I just tried the Jillian michales 2 week detox and had a huge allergic reaction to week 2's pills. To help me get a little boost, I wanted to try to detox myself. I was doing the every other day diet, mostly eggs chicken, bell peppers, leafy greens and couscous and rice. to give a little boost, i tried the cleansing and detox pills. I followed the directions. In the morning, I had 2 pills with a 16 oz bottle of water, and again at night. the first week went great. felt more energized and cleaner. week 2 was 3 in the morning and 2 at night with main meal. thats where the troiuble was.

week 2's pills started to make me really sick... allerigic reaction sick. I don't know what it was, but on day 2 of week 2 i had broken out all over my face, and i havent had a zit since i was 17, other than pregnancy, got a rash on my chest, and began having bad nose bleeds.

needless to say i didnt complete the second week. the break out has cleared, and so has the rash and nose bleeds.

If anyone is concidering this, please think twice!

^my post

Jillian's wikipedia says she has gotten sued over a couple of the pill-boxes with her face on it, this is what it says about the detox suit (not that I think Wikipedia is the end-all defacto fact site) -

"In August 2010, a $10 million class action suit was filed against Michaels and Thin Care International over the ingredients in Triple Process Total Body Detox and Cleanse. The plaintiff in the case is a registered dietician who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation.[15] According to the suit, the supplement in question contained ingredients that could allegedly cause gastrointestinal ulcers, digestive distress and even irreversible liver damage. The suit also alleged that these ingredients represented a "potentially lethal combination." The Courthouse News Service reported that the plaintiff claimed that the suit was not about the money, but that "she simply wants [Michaels and Thin Care] to stop poisoning the public and give consumers their money back."[16]

While experts interviewed about the supplements doubted that they could prove fatal, they agreed that they were ineffective. Lynn Willis, professor emeritus of pharmacology at Indiana University called one of the supplements "an absurdity" and "completely bogus." Dr. Keith Ayoob, director of the Nutrition Clinic at Albert Einstein College of Medicine also suggested that "if you have any of these problems or need help losing weight, see your physician, not Jillian Michaels."

by kaetra

There are too mayny unknows in the pills, and I've tried a great deal of them. Hydroxycut was already pulled off the shelfs for being linked to liver dammage, and if you've already had bad headaches from the usage, think of what could happen if you continued.

id google super fruits and food if you want to get an edge.
  • kiss1995
    Options
    It may be nothing, but at times..Careful, if the drug is pushing your blood pressure very high, you may get headaches and if it goes really high, a stroke.. =/
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Most people on these boards will advise to stay away from pills, that they don't work, and that you're wasting your money.
  • somerreese
    Options
    I have a theory about most diet pills - if they REALLY worked then why would anyone struggle with their weight? Why wouldn't everyone just go buy a pill? I have tried diet pills that were cheap and diet pills that were $90/bottle - (those were the worst - lost appetite and weight with them but was constantly dehydrated no matter how much water I drank) then stopped taking them and gained all the weight back really fast - Nothing is going to cost you less and make you feel better than just eating healthy and exercising :) I say skip the pills and opt for clean food and some exercise to get natural endorphins!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It did wonders for Anna Nicole Smith.......
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Don't know the product at all - but just wonder why you would put anything in your body when this type of information is published - truly does not make sense to me.....

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm

There are heaps of people on here that gets great results without risking their health, and potentially poisoning their bodies.....
  • Jambe
    Jambe Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Why do people think that taking these things means you are not allowed to workout and diet as well?

If you have any preexisting conditions I wouldn't bother, but I used them myself I didn't have any bad reactions whatsoever. Just more weight loss than normal. They worked exceptionally for me. I didn't just rely on them- I was also doing daily workouts, lifting, and a protein diet. I also used Lipo6 and got similar results by swapping back and forth between the two. I went from 341 to 265 in roughly 3 1/2 months doing this.

My brother initially used them and said I could try them if I wanted. He had similar results to me. He lost close to 200 lbs in less than a year and pretty muscular now, so I figured why not ;)

They also didn't have any addiction affect for me- when I started running low, the effect they had on me had lessened and to me they weren't worth the expense. I still lose weight quite fast without it- 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Take that for what it's worth.
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    ok first sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but i wasn't sure if i should post here or in the dieting one. my question is has anyone used it and did it work for you?? I was using it for about two months and i did see results but at the same time that was when i was pushing myself the hardest at the gym and as far as counting my calories. now tbh idk if it was really working or if it was a mental thing or what but i did see results, both good and bad. yeah i lost some weight and had more energy but at the same time i started having really bad headaches and noticed them getting worse if i followed the "recommended" usage. i cut back on it and the headaches slowed and i cut it out all together and they stopped completely. now i kinda slacked off and i am making that push to get back to what i had, and even push further past that and i was thinking about using it again or one of the other supplements out there. so what are your thought on it? oh also....feel free to add me lol don't have many friends on this thing.

probably the caffeine in it, or tea compounds. or, if you used the old formula, it was the ephedrine.
    hydroxycut is mostly metabolism exciters like green tea and caffeine, with a placebo effect. they do have a place in specific training programs, but not for an extended period of time.
    get your nutrition and exercise in line and you won't need an enhancer.
  • MakingChange
    Options
    I tried it around 7 years ago, and had positive energy/weight loss results, but I couldn't keep taking the recommended dose, they were making me feel terrible, to the point that my partner at the time opened the jar and emptied the remaining pills in the bin so I had no choice but to give it up.

I then tried to buy them again a couple of years later (the things we do when we want to lose weight fast!), went into my local GNC and was told the formula had changed and was nowhere near as effective as it used to be, so bought something else instead, that didn't work at all.

At the end of the day, the constant energy to work out and not eat wasn't worth the side effects - even if I did try to go there again, I'm glad I didn't actually do it.

I know you've heard it before, but finding a natural (and preferably from within yourself) source of motivation is going to be all that you need to work out hard and achieve your goals, it might take longer, but it will probably last longest to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Dude, it gives you headaches....................that should be your clue. Any diet pill only contributes to about 1%-2% of your total weight loss.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I look at it logically. Since all diet programs feature the phrase "eat right and exercise" I just cut out all the crap and "eat right and exercise." Turns out it saves me a LOT of money and I get the same results. That's just my two cents worth.
  • ssj2gohan_5050
    ssj2gohan_5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow thanks everyone for the responses. and yeah i know its sounded stupid of me to consider going back to it seeing as how i had already had the bad experience with it. but you guys all pretty much solidified my decision to not go back. and to just do it the right way :D thank you everyone for your support and advice!