wanna get drunk?

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    just drink. if it's one night once a week, it won't kill ya.
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A blow-out every now and again, nothing wrong with that, keeps you insane for a start....lol
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a gin and diet tonic with 1/2 lime squeezed in. It's less calories than a beer and delicious!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic.

I love Bombay Saphire Gin...it is the best! Expensive but so smooth!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i switched to light beer and drink only when i can get a good workout in and at least 8 cups of water for the day (which accounts for me drinking at least once every weekend...).

you only live once! i understand what you are sayin!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often but when I do I:

1) Make sure it's only vodka and diet coke (50-60 cals a drink)

2) Have the alcohol instead of dinner (this has the added bonus of making you drunk faster due to lack of food meaning you drink less and consume fewer calories)

this is horrible, horrible advice. good Lord.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    more excercise = more calories , which in turn frees up some points for drinking, but not to mention try and enjoy 2-3 drinks
    limiting yourself but still having a good time
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Drugs are low cal (:
  • MarthaRN
    MarthaRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Drugs are low cal (:
  • aliciar3
    Options
    I usually exercise beforehand to gain extra calories, then I drink voda lime sodas - lowest calorie drink I've managed to find :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often but when I do I:

1) Make sure it's only vodka and diet coke (50-60 cals a drink)

2) Have the alcohol instead of dinner (this has the added bonus of making you drunk faster due to lack of food meaning you drink less and consume fewer calories)

this is horrible, horrible advice. good Lord.

Why?

You still get the calories and you still get to drink. Compromise. It's not like it's an every day liquid diet, we're talking about how to manage having alcohol to enjoy yourself once in a while without doing damage to your diet. I really can't believe that skipping dinner to give yourself alcohol calories once every 6-8 weeks or so is going to do anybody any harm?

Much better than the people saying things along the lines of "forget about the calories, it's only one night" - those one nights add up!
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    Well, my dad was an alcoholic and died with the age of 67 after years and years of beeing sick. It kind of freaks me out, when I hear, that people drink a lot of alcohol without thinking about the consequences. But it is an addiction and very hard to stop, I guess. I hope you find a way, to drink in moderation or even quit. That way requires a strong willpower. Maybe group therapy helps.
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    I drink on Saturday nights! I switched it up from my usual Budweiser's to Mich ultra lite beer...plus I add it all into my calorie intake for the day, if I go over then I go over, I make sure the day I am drinking I get my workout in so I can have those extras...I get loaded on a 6 pak these days, maybe it's my age, maybe it's my liver!!! But I have a lighter breakfast , lunch and dinner that day..I even make low cal picky foods to snack on while drinking..go to skinnytaste.com for some good low cal dips...and leave extra cals the day before so u can drink em' up!!!! geri:drinker:
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i cant eat when i drink and ive never had a hang over and my biggest problem is i dont eat enough i will typically eat one high calorie meal and be done but thats changeing
  • maceycarey
    Options
    Well, my dad was an alcoholic and died with the age of 67 after years and years of beeing sick. It kind of freaks me out, when I hear, that people drink a lot of alcohol without thinking about the consequences. But it is an addiction and very hard to stop, I guess. I hope you find a way, to drink in moderation or even quit. That way requires a strong willpower. Maybe group therapy helps.

im not a addict i dont drink by myself i just like to have a few once in a while because it helps me relax my mom and dad are both alcoholics my mom is in recovery and my dad still drinks so i know what it causes and trust me its not happening here i think im more aware of it because of that.
  • maceycarey
    Options
    You can't really drink much while "dieting" and stick to that calorie deficit. The most you can do is like others have said and have one or two "skinny" drinks. Once you get to weight and start maintenance mode, you'll gain back 450-900 Cal/day, depending on how quick you've set your weight loss. You could theoretically then eat the same way you've been eating and add those Cals as alcohol.

Generally, though, make it an occasional thing and you can still live a healthy lifestyle.

i want to learn to live with making better choices not changeing every thing i do i dont feel bad for drinking... and what goes into your mouth regardless if it is a donut or a apple its in your "diet" becuase you ate it so i guess i can say that alchol is in my diet... it is an occasional thing maybe once a month or so i was just woundering how other people deal with it if they are drinkers
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i am so sick of people answering with dont drink. This is a lifestyle and if you go out or stay in and have some drinks its normal. For me when I turned 21 i went out 3 times a week and drank it was new and i went to clubs (now i drink maybe once every couple of weeks if that oh how children have drained me and i sleep when they are gone lmao) what i did (and mind you i lost 90 pounds in 10 months) while drinking 3 days a week (so people lie when they say it cant be done.
    ) but I would work out longer the days i was going to drink and then i would drink either light beer or diet soda with rum. I would be dancing so it added cardio in but i also would eat lighter in the day. Good luck
  • Biggipooh
    Options

im not a addict i dont drink by myself i just like to have a few once in a while because it helps me relax my mom and dad are both alcoholics my mom is in recovery and my dad still drinks so i know what it causes and trust me its not happening here i think im more aware of it because of that.

That is very good. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Of course it is OK to drink every now and then. Just know to many people where it became a daily habit and than it is easy to cross the line.
  • RobynJoy76
    RobynJoy76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Even light beers have a lot more calories than liquor. Liquor is the way to go, especially clear ones. Vodka with Seltzer is the lowest calorie drink I can think of. Tonic and other mixers have a lot of hidden sugars and calories. Add a lemon or lime slice if you need flavor, or better yet, have a flavored vodka. And some of the things said above are definitely good points. While you are drinking your body is not burning calories so keep that in mind. And exercise more/eat less calories during the day if you know you want to drink later on. You don't have to skip meals, just make better choices.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I sip on coconut rum and store in the freezer it's like a coconut snowball-two treats in one but everything in moderation. Eat note green food the day you're going to drink- less calories in most green vegetables ;) cucumbers broccoli and lettuces.