A new way to look at the body you don't like..

Options
When you get to the point where your pictures don't lie and you can't stand what you are seeing it is time to make a change. We all know that. It is true that most of the time we aren't paying close enough attention to how far overweight we have gotten till we have a moment of realization. A time where we think, what have I done? How did I get here? Then we go into a feel sorry for ourselves period of time. Crying, disgusted, miserable and feeling like a failure.

I don't know about you but when I feel like crap I eat food. So maybe just maybe it is time to try something different.

First: beating yourself up for getting fat is like calling yourself a failure when you got a pop quiz at school on a subject you never took and you failed. It is pointless and wrong.

Even healthy people had to seriously learn how to be healthy. Like parenting being good to your body is not a automatic thing in our minds. Eating what we want. Enjoying what we eat. That is automatic. Watch TV sometime......every show has food, or at least food commercials.

Accept the addiction and understand it. Beating yourself up and thinking you should have known better isn't doing any good...It may sound crazy to you but I looked at myself and thought ok that was some good food.. In reality I enjoyed 90 percent of the food that I gained the weight on and just like anything else too much of a good thing isn't so good.

You have to let go of this hatred you have of yourself because it isn't helping. Learn, educate yourself and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

You enjoyed the food that got you here and you didn't know what you like to eat till you tried it. So treat this the same way. We don't know what we are going to like until we try it. Swimming, zumba, yoga, walking. Try it all till you find what you love. Instead of going out to eat with friends try other things with them. Go for pedicures it takes the same amount of time and you have something more to show for it than fat and feeling bad for eating something you shouldn't.

Find new things to enjoy, without beating yourself up for the moments. We all have moments.

The thing is fat or thin you are with yourself till the end. Feeling sorry for yourself and not liking yourself got you here. It is what gets us to stop caring and gain. Someone who cares about themselves would never settle with fat.

Treat your favorite fatty foods like the holidays. they only come around once a year and when they do enjoy them....then look forward to them for the next time.

The only thing we have to start doing to lose weight is start caring about ourselves. make a smaller portion and drink a glass of water first. Learn the new and better ways bit by bit just like everything else you have accomplished in your life...

For me I enjoyed the food that gave me these two hundred extra pounds and now I am going to enjoy the accomplishment of getting rid of them every last one...Self beat up just equals more weight gain....

Let's try something new....share your best secret to losing weight....what you enjoy the most about getting healthy...Love your life one pound loss at a time..

For me I love green smoothies....2 a day minimum and my juicer is my best friend...I have not had starch white anything, hard carbs in two weeks and no cravings....how bout you? What's your secret?

Replies

• Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love carrot juice. It's like 100 calories for a 12 oz portion. When I want something sweet in a drink, I enjoy this. Goes well in smoothies, but I prefer it straight. I was surprised to discover I loved it. I never stopped to think of veggies as a "sweet treat". Worth a sip if you like a good baby carrot without the chewing. :laugh:
  • kezzieh
    Options
    I've just started a juice diet! I made my first green smoothie this morning and its amazing. My mum lent me her juicer so hopefully this will now be my new diet friend! Its not a secret, but its i'm excited about it so i think that helps with the motivation!! x
  • AmythistRae
    Options
    that is awesome you guys...thanks