Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Training for any Marathons Spring/Summer 2012???

2»

Replies

• skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    ME!! Good luck!!
  • Whoohoo great success stories I want to stay connected to u all :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    No marathons for me, but I'm hoping for a half ironman next summer - does that count?
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    I am looking at the around the bay race also. Great training for a full in the spring!
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Hi!
    I'm doing my 3rd marathon on March 18th! Good luck -- I would love to help cheer you on. It's tough -- but a great accomplishment. Just remember -- pain is temporary -- pride is forever!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Did a 10K last Sunday, and planning on a half marathon next summer/fall.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    I just completed my first half a couple of weeks ago, and I am running my first full in Vegas (the Rock N' Roll) in a month and two days (not that I'm counting, or anything!). Eeeek! :)
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 253 Member
    On the schedule is the Nashville Country Music Marathon 4/28/12! It will be my first.

Also running my first half marathon this month with my real-life and MFP friend flvsusandy. I love having a friend with similar goals to push me when I am weak. And I love having a community of runners with similar goals such as here on MFP.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Sure is Rybo! Looks like a fabulous race :bigsmile:

tigerbluefly - Have you run the ATB before? Hope you make it out! love hearing that some strong MFP ladies are hitting the roads together :drinker:

Yes, I ran it this past March. It's a great course. Be prepared for rolling hills though and one massive one at 27K. We had a great day, 9 degrees and sunny. The two years before this past one it rained. The weather this past year made the race an awesome experience.

It was the first time I ran that distance. I trained to 25K and left the rest up to race day. I had no problems. Walk the massive hill, everyone does, and then it's an easy downhill incline to the finish line. Thats where you can make up your time.

Let me know if you are going to do it!
    The 7.25mi between Dundurn Park and Spencer Smith Falls was my training grounds for my 1/2 Marathon in the spring, so I am very familiar with that part of the course. I make those hills my standard runs, so no worries on that front. Can't wait to conquer this race! Hope to see you there :bigsmile: