what book have you read?

Options

Replies

• dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Reading Catch-22 at the minute. Wasn't loving it at first but it is slowly winning me over. I suppose I am over critical/harder to please when there is a lot of hype attached to something. If I had found it myself then I would have probably loved it from the beginning.

Saying that though - just finished East of Eden also which was in the top 3 books I have ever read. Clearly having a classics month.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Everything by: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Laurell K Hamilton, Katie MacAlister, Jade Black, and Tamora Pierce
    Most things by: Meg Cabot, Lora Leigh, J.D. Robb, J.R. Ward, and Lori Handeland

Most...ok ALL of those are romance authors =D

The book, In The Eagles Shadow: Why America Fascinates and Infuriates the World by Mark Hertsgaard is REALLY interesting
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    I like to read Michele Bardsley - Broken Heart series...I love it but definitely not for children lol.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    I read all the time ~ I've read the girl with the dragon tattoo but didnt read the others (I did flip thru them at the book store tho) I read JD Robb, JR Ward (omg her books are GREAT) Laurell K Hamilton, Kay Hooper, Lilith SaintCrow, Elizabeth Peters (the Amelia Peabody books) Stephen King, Dean Koonz, Janet Evanovich, Kim Harrison, an sooo many more. I'm always looking for new 'good' books to read :) I have a kindle and LOVE IT.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading through the Robert B. Parker "Spenser" series. 38 books total. Discovered my first one about 6 weeks ago. Went down to the local used book store and bought them all at 60 cents apieces. Currently on the tenth one in the series.

They are not great, but they are entertaining and give me something to read while I wait for my favorite authors to come out with somwething new.

I read at least 2 books a week and am alway looking for new authors. When I find something I like, I usually go out and get everything. Then I can trade at the local used book store.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    You should see the stares I get when I head to the treadmill with my 'Harry Potter' or 'The Hobbit' books.
    I know very few adults who haven't read those books. I would be very surprised if people think that's odd.

I just finished "A Game of Thrones" and started "A Clash of Kings".

I'm just finishing Game of Thrones & can't wait to get started on A Clash of Kings. Since I watched HBO's Game of Thrones, I already know what happens, but wanted to read it anyway. I want to read A Clash of Kings before season 2 begins. I'm a big reader, but haven't been into it lately, kind of busy. Game of Thrones has gotten me back into my love for reading & I can't wait to go home tonight & get a few chapters read.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading George RR Martin's A Dance with Dragons... and I am mad that he has not finished book 6 yet! What the heck am I suppose to read to tide me over until it's released!? :sad: LOL

I guess I'll continue reading Kenyon's Dark Hunter series.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I've read thousands of books, all kinds, but my #1 favorite book by far is Swan Song by Robert McCammon. I read it over 20 years ago, LOVED it & every 2 or 3 years since then, I read it again, & I enjoy it just as much, maybe more than I did the first time. I've never re-read any other books in my life, once is enough, but Swan Song, I want to reread again & again. I've had to replace my paper back 3 times cuz I've worn each one out.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I read the residential telephone directory for Birmingham and the West Midlands.

It started off slow, and sort of continued in the same vein for more than 4,000 pages. I kinda lost the thread pretty early on, but I do remember there were lots of Asian characters in it and, right at the end, a load of Polish people.

Not sure I want to read the sequel due out next year though
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have the attention span of a gnat. I have about ten books that I am reading all the time. Occasionally I focus and finish one.
  • BeckyO
    BeckyO Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Ugh..... I'm reading Programming in ANSI C to try and lean C and C++ for a maybe Job :explode:
    I only like My Men to be computer science geeks :love: ...I have absolutely no interest in learning this language, so reading this is frustrating.
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Cutting for Stone." I just finished "Bel Canto" by Ann Pachett. But I read just about anything I can get my hands on...being an English Literature graudate and all...
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Piers Anthony, Anne Mc Caffrey ~ I forgot those earlier LOL
  • Leyla135
    Options
    I also remember a while back how much i enjoyed reading If Tommorow Comes- by Sidney Sheldon. Loved the ending. I also love Nora Roberts, read many of her books.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye...

love that book
  • sandey30
    Options
    I am an avid reader. My favorite passtime! Right now I am finishing the Kent Chronicles series by John Jakes--8 books total. I love all of his books (love the history). I have several favorite authors and am always looking to try out new ones. I really like Chris Bohjalian (Midwives, Before You Know Kindnesss), Vince Flynn for spy novels (similar to Tom Clancy but not so wordy) and for some super light, funny reading Dorothea Benton Frank. I have also tried out some Lisa Unger novels which I liked pretty good.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Devil in the White City.... true story of a serial killer doing his hunting during the World's Fair in Chicago in 1892. I didn't think I would like it but some recommended it and it has a lot of interesting little facts - like this is where shredded wheat and cracker jack became popular.
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My favorite recently read novel is The Shack
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye...
    yaaay!!! read salinger's other stuff, it will blow you away.

i really only read like 4 books this past year but they were fatties. war and peace, les miserables, gone with the wind, anna karenina, and some smaller ones here and there. now i'm reading the count of monte cristo, which is also a fatty, and it's awesome.

Reading Catch-22 at the minute. Wasn't loving it at first but it is slowly winning me over. I suppose I am over critical/harder to please when there is a lot of hype attached to something. If I had found it myself then I would have probably loved it from the beginning.

Saying that though - just finished East of Eden also which was in the top 3 books I have ever read. Clearly having a classics month.
    good to know! east of eden is one of the next on my list of to-read. and i tried catch 22 a few years ago and i gave up a couple chapters in. way too much redundant dialogue, i couldn't handle it. let me know if it wins you over all the way by the end. i always felt bad about not giving it a real chance.