Help !! Lost motivation and started slipping:(

Options
Ok I have been doing great for the last eight weeks, then last week and over the weekend lost it. I even skipped my weigh in last night for the challenge I am in, because I was worried i may have gained. I still have 100 lbs to lose and need to get going. I am considering joing theh Y but I would only be able to go 3 times a week is that still helpful??? Also I would love to get up early and go to take a class that starts @515 am which would be great since I have to work at 7 am. I just need to figure how to get up that early as I am not a morning person.

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Its hard when you have a long way to go, and every up and down is really frustrating. Try remembering what motivated you in the first place, and work from there on getting back into your groove.

I think switching it up is a good idea (with classes, the Y etc).

What about food too? I could not cook AT ALL when I started trying to lose weight more than a year ago, and now I experiment with recipes all the time. Its nice to eat different foods that taste good and not feel like "ugh...I can't eat anything but carrots"....which is how I felt a lot when I started because I didn't know how to make anything. I also never thought I had time to cook, when really I could squeeze it in there, I just had to choose do I want to relax or cook dinner.

Do you have any friends that could work out with you?

Now go weigh in for your challenge and get back to it. :) You got this. Don't be afraid of the scale, you can't fight something you can't see.
  • rosssport
    rosssport Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about the bad week and weekend, just start again, If you keep feeling bad about falling off for a day or two or week whatever, this program won't work. 8 good weeks to 1 bad is a whole lot more good then bad. Just remember that!!!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Its hard when you have a long way to go, and every up and down is really frustrating. Try remembering what motivated you in the first place, and work from there on getting back into your groove.

I think switching it up is a good idea (with classes, the Y etc).

What about food too? I could not cook AT ALL when I started trying to lose weight more than a year ago, and now I experiment with recipes all the time. Its nice to eat different foods that taste good and not feel like "ugh...I can't eat anything but carrots"....which is how I felt a lot when I started because I didn't know how to make anything. I also never thought I had time to cook, when really I could squeeze it in there, I just had to choose do I want to relax or cook dinner.

Do you have any friends that could work out with you?

Now go weigh in for your challenge and get back to it. :) You got this. Don't be afraid of the scale, you can't fight something you can't see.

That was a very motivating answer... ditto on this. You can do it. Don't give up!!!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Very well put NeuroticVirgo! You put into words exactly what I was thinking. You just have to remember what motivated you in the first place and focus on that. Try very hard not to let your goal seem insurmountable -- you can do this, one day at a time :flowerforyou:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Everybody slips from time to time, it's part of what makes us human. Don't let it get you down, just tell yourself that it's okay and today is a new day and you're starting fresh. Join the Y, a gym a few times a week is great. I am also not a morning person so to get myself into the routine of getting up and working out first thing I had to do it slow. Get up 20 minutes earlier and do a quick 10 minute workout. After two weeks get up 45 minutes earlier and do a 30 minute work out. I now get up an hour and half earlier and get an hour or so workout before heading to work. (I need that extra 30 minutes to get moving and wake up) It wasn't easy and while I love the workout I still don't like being up that early, but I know how I will feel if I skip it so it's very worth it.
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i am not a morning person at all (in fact, i think some people avoid me in the mornings..) but i work out at 5:30 am. the first two weeks getting up that early really suck, but after that you start getting used to it and after that, you actually start to enjoy it!
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much... Just get started! Try something new, a new eating plan, new exercise plan, really get your mind around what you want to do, then pick a day in the future (so you have to anticipate it) and then start... I just had to "reboot" myself, I had lost 45 lbs (61 goal) and gained 8 back because of lack of focus and some stressful events over the last few months... BUT, I decided to start a "diet" program (17 Day Diet, you can pick anything, it'll work) and picked a date to start again, so I could not worry about what I had eaten over the last two months, and weighed in that morning and started fresh! I have no guilt about what I did the last few months, it's over and I can't change it. I can only determine what I can do today... Three times a week is PERFECT to get started on an exercise program, don't let TV or others tell you it's not enough. Anything you do is better than nothing, and if you start out slow, and gradually increase, you much more inclined to do it longer and not quit.

Good luck!!!! You can do it!!!! I NEVER imagined I'd have gotten this far, and I am so excited about the next 25 coming off (I'm down only 38 right now, since I had that gain), it's all in your head, the ups and the downs, so let the downs go and just get busy!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about the bad week and weekend, just start again, If you keep feeling bad about falling off for a day or two or week whatever, this program won't work. 8 good weeks to 1 bad is a whole lot more good then bad. Just remember that!!!

^Great advice!

When I feel my motivation drifting away.....I try to change things up. So yes by all means join the Y (3 times a week is awesome!)
    1- join a new gym. So yes by all means join the Y (3 times a week is awesome!)
    2- if you can afford it buy some new work out clothes (for some reason this always gets my pumped, must be a girl thing lol)
    3- reward yourself in non-food ways (mani or pedi or massage or new purse or shoes)
    4- invest in a new exercise DVD for at home
    5- find a walking buddy and commit to meeting once a week
    6- allow yourself a treat - calculate in into your daily calorie (those 100 calories treat packs are nice)
    7- and once again, don't beat yourself up over a bad day/week, we all have them, forget about and move forward!
  • DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Getting back to the weigh in is important. The longer you stay away the more likely you are to be less focussed and gain weight.

Whatever damage is done........is how you deal with it now thats important.

Good luck x
  • chellynn1983
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouragement and tips! I am really excited to have made changes and to still be making them, I have been overweight for a long time and have had I hard time admitting it and seeing it. I want to get to a healthy weight and be able to do some stuff I used to enjoy such as hike. I started back on track today and am not going to let stress or other stuff get in the way! My youngest plays hockey near the Y so hopefully I will be able to go teh three nights he is at practice and then on Fridays I figured i can take him swimming after practice!
  • joeykimura44
    Options
    Its as simple as committing to a complete lifestyle change.

In life there are 2 different types of pain that we ALL have to choose from. The 1st is the pain of discipline and the 2nd is the pain of regret. One type of pain is only temporary and can literally transform you to greatness, while the other can leave you in a lonely agonizing misery for eternity.

Now I ask you, which one would you rather endure?

singledigitbodyfat.net