10 down by Christmas TEAM 9 (CLOSED)

Options
yeahh Team 9!!

I thought it would be great if we knew a lil bit about each other....

My name is Leah. I'm 34 and a mother of 2 young kids ages 1 & 5. It seems most of my life I have wanted to lose 10 pounds...a few years before I had my first child I hit my goal and was able to stay there, but haven't been back since I had her! After having my second and weighing 177 the day I had him I was desperate to do something to lose the weight and not slowly gain more while breastfeeeding like I did with my daughter. So I joined weight watchers and lost some, but then I found this site and I love it! I think it gives you so much control over your own weightloss. I finally realized losing weight is like math it really is calories in and calories out. It makes losing weight attainable to anyone who wants to do the work. I was doing great til this summer when I moved and at the same time my daughters eczema became severe making our nights really bad. After the move I stopped getting up at 5:30 to exercise ( I love Jillian micheals DVDs!) . If I don't get it done before my kids wake up it is almost impossible. I have slowly gained back some of the weight I lost, but my nights are better now, making it possible to get up early and I am serious about getting the rest of this weight off! I want more energy and to feel strong! I know that counting calories and exercising works!
I am excited to do this challenge with you guys!

Replies

• MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :flowerforyou:
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm Morgan. I'm a 30 year old single mom to a 5 year old girl. I've been overweight my entire adult life. When I met the man who would be my husband, I weighed about what I do now - 166. During a 6 year relationship, I put on 95 pounds and go to a whopping 260. It was as a result of the lifestyle we lead - We ate out often, and he was the cook. I handed him the reigns of my nutrition, and that was a huge mistake.

Once we split up, the first thing I started to do was take care of myself. I started with the small step of portion control. After I lost 60 pounds I introduced some exercise which helped me lose another 20, and then I made the commitment to get to my healthy weight range, which is 154 at the top end, and that's what I'm shooting for. If I'm successful with this challenge, I'll be only 2 pounds away from my goal! I'm pretty excited, as it will be the first time in my life I haven't been classified as "over weight".

Good luck to all of you!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah, Melissa & Morgan! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've pretty much never been fit all my life, being skinny fat up until high school (gained weight -- bleh). Since then, I've been at a consistent 5'3" and 145lbs.

I just never had much motivation to get fit until I started my CNA clinicals at a local nursing home. I realized that I was too weak and felt tired way too fast. There were people smaller than me bustling about, all he-man like! Also, I think becoming more healthy could help me focus on my studies more. Thanks to study blogs by Scott H. Young & Cal Newport.

Plan:

Get strong enough to volunteer at a local firefighting squad and then become a nurse. *fingers crossed* Maybe flaunt some real push-ups & pull-ups around the guys. Yes. Look at me. Girls can do it, too. Not this girl at the moment though. :blushing:

- Samantha
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Hello! I am Cassandra...Mommy to 2 kids... In 2 weeks my son will be 2 in 3 weeks my daughter will be 6 :) I was fit until I had my daughter.. I had so many complications and was put on bed rest. I gained a crazy amount of weight. Got pregnant with my son and was still over weight:( My husband tells me I am beautiful but I would love to be the skinny girl he fell in love with.. I would love to be healthier for my kids and myself:)
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm Jill, 22 (23 on Friday!) from Baltimore, MD. In college, I used to go to the gym regularly up until my senior year when I worked full time, as well as attended school full time, and was always too tired and unmotivated. After graduating, I moved in with my boyfriend and gained even more weight! Finally, in March, I hit my all time high of 199.5, and was determined to not see the 200 mark. My boyfriend had also gained a lot of weight by that point, so we decided to start a Biggest Loser challenge of our own. I pretty much knew that he would always beat me, but it was still a good motivator for me. Once I got started and lost the first 20 lbs, I realized it was a lot easier than I thought to stay on track. I liked the progress that I saw, and I wanted to see more and more, so I'd go to the gym more and more. So far I've lost 48 pounds, making me only 2 away from my original goal weight of 149. I've since changed my goal weight to 132, as that puts me in the healthy BMI range for my height (I'm only 5 ft).

Very excited to do this challenge with you all!
  • woou
    Options
    Hi Cassandra :flowerforyou:. Your husband sounds like such a sweet guy. One of my classmates, since she's gained weight after her pregnancy, her husband calls her a cow. :mad: Not very encouraging.

Hey Jill, I'm in MD, too! My brother goes to Towson, and I applied to UMB's school of nursing. 48 lbs. is awesome! Keep up the good work. I hope to see that number lost some day myself. :smile:
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 9 :happy:

Just dropping in, wanted to say hi. :flowerforyou: I hope you're all good and survived dundundun Halloween. I for one am so pleased it's done with!!!! phew I was very on edge having all those goodies in the house. Better not to have them there at all than to have to practice self restraint :indifferent: I have horrible will power sometimes. I hope you're all having a great week :smile: and feel free to email if you need anything :flowerforyou:

Julie
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello you guys!

This first week of the challenge has been a little hard for me...My kids and I were sick & my husband was out of town. But I feel better today and hopefully my weight goes down this week. I haven't exercised as much as I wanted but the mini challenge has helped to motivate me to take walks and knowing that we have our weigh in on friday has motivated me to get my act together and not let a bad week continue til the weekend.

It was great to hear from you all...looks like you all are rocking this!!!!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Melissa and I currently reside in Kaiserslautern Germany but original am from Falmout Mass. I am 23 years old and guess the weather for a living. :laugh: Soon I will be heading out to Colorado Springs and I want to be fit enough to be able to participate in the tough mudder race in June! I've been athletic all my life and always had an active appetite! haha I am hoping to change my whole lifestyle and get more healthy for me and because my family history of health problems scares the crap out of me! :noway:
  • woou
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I was relieved to see that I lost 1 lb this week. I also came down with hacking dry cough with a fever. I kept exercising and couldn't control my hunger, although I binge on healthy food.

I felt so ill the other day that I decided to take a rest from exercising until this bug goes away. Thought I'd probably weigh the same or gain weight, but it seems like I'm losing according to schedule.

Won't be able to plug in the 142lbs until I get near a computer in a couple hrs.
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job Samantha! Sorry you are sick, hope it dooesn't last too long...I still don't feel back to normal and it's been almost 2 weeks. How is everyone else? Would yall like to start a new thread each week or just continue this one? Whatever makes it easier to keep up with one another. I'm really glad we are doing this, I know for a fact I wouldn't of lost this week if I didn't know I was accountable to you guys:laugh:
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO TEAM 9 you guys are doin great!!!! Just need one more set of numbers and you ready to tally the week. ITS VERY EXCITING!!!!!

Congrats on finishing the first week

I'm sorry youguys have all been sick this week imagine what you'll be like when your on top form :noway:
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Hi Cassandra :flowerforyou:. Your husband sounds like such a sweet guy. One of my classmates, since she's gained weight after her pregnancy, her husband calls her a cow. :mad: Not very encouraging.

Hey Jill, I'm in MD, too! My brother goes to Towson, and I applied to UMB's school of nursing. 48 lbs. is awesome! Keep up the good work. I hope to see that number lost some day myself. :smile:

I am very lucky.. He only says something to me when im down in the dumps.. nothing bad .. He will say I hate how depressed you are if you feel that bad do something.. Hard when I am married to a fit guy.. :)