Why, bacon??? WHY??

Options

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I don't get the nation's current obsession with bacon.
    To me, it's Meh. I don't like it on slads or baked potatoes or sandwiches or crumbled on the top of vegetables. I don't even like bacon strips for breakfst.

One fatty food that I just never could develop a taste for!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    DId you say BACON???? Mmmmmmm.

I used to work at a school, and every day the smell of pizza and french fries would waft down the hall. Made me CRAZY! The smell is even better than the taste sometimes -- and definitely more torturous!!! Now at least the cafeteria is 2 buildings over (thank GOODNESS).
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm bacon!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    OH YUM!!!!!

my co-worker pushed 4 minutes instead of 40 seconds..with some beef in a sandwich bag..EWE place smelled like burnt *kitten* for weeks!!!
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Where I work there is this thing called the Bistro-And they cook pounds of bacon a few times a week-Now that is a killer, Not sure if you could work here-Should be a law against it.

Howevet they are great and I bring in egg beaters and they add some of that bacon to it-Yum
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    My coworkers all seem to microwave fish and burnt popcorn.

ditto. blech.
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oscar Mayer- 35 calories a slice.......just saying. Me and bacon have a commited relationship. :wink:
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    So why not just eat some bacon?

Well that would be nice, if I had some... lol... but I can only buy it when it goes on sale. Money is tight...

Ooh I see. I thought you were a "cant eat bacon" type. Yes, I'm out of bacon myself...until payday.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We switched to turkey bacon - i know somthing i thought i would never do - here it is cheaper then pork bacon and i cook it in the oven till crispy and you really cant tell a difference. It has less calories and you get the taste of bacon :)
  • christiemarie823
    Options
    My coworker ordered deep dish pizza, and I forgot lunch and was too busy to get away. It was killer, and I resisted :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I work in a pet store. I smell the Begg'n Strips in the bulk bin next to the front desk. I wonder how many calories in one of those?
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I"ve had a dozen eatn park smiley cookies staring at me in the next cube all week. NO I am not eating you! At least they weren't freshly baked chocolate chip cookies-that smell will kill even the strongest willpower!

Watch for bacon to go on sale and stock up! Center cut bacon 3 slices is 70 calories :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Well that would be nice, if I had some... lol... but I can only buy it when it goes on sale. Money is tight...

Ooh I see. I thought you were a "cant eat bacon" type. Yes, I'm out of bacon myself...until payday.

Oh, trust me, I can eat bacon... I can eat a LOT of bacon... and that's the other half of my problem!! if left unchecked, I will eat a LOT of it!! ...too much to just be reasonable about it and stop after a couple pieces... haha
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I work in a pet store. I smell the Begg'n Strips in the bulk bin next to the front desk. I wonder how many calories in one of those?

Oh trust me man, don't do it!! I definitely ate one when I was a kid because they smelled so good... but they did not taste good at all!! I thought it would taste like a Slim Jim, but I was very mistaken!! hahaha
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Why do they make it in the microwave?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    co-worker needs to understand that making the office smell like bacon = you better have enough for everyone!

if money is tight, look for an Aldi near you (discount supermarket), their turkey bacon is nom-licious.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wish I could buy you gals some bacon!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend made a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast. I woke up to the smell of bacon. I still had my preplanned oatmeal. I kind of wish I chose the former instead.
  • ImNotStarving
    Options
    LOL, my co-workers do worse, they bring in all types of cookies and cakes, and say hey you want some $@#$@$! HELL YEAH I DO! so that just really messes with my head. lol

Oh man, mine too. These people celebrate any and everything with all sorts of sweet treats.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just had potato pancakes with turkey bacon mixed in (and chives, and cheese on top) . . . it was delish. And I had turkey bacon with my breakfast this morning (and with dinner last night, and I'll probably snack on some more tonight until the whole lot of it is gone).