Ladies: Pants Problem?

Options
Anyone else having this problem?

I've lost 50 lbs. I'm really toning up everywhere, but especially in the butt and thighs. I have to buy a size 8 pants to fit my waist, but my butt and thighs have already toned down to around a size 4, so they fit the waist, but are baggy everywhere else. :/

If I buy lower than my waist, I have a muffin top. If I wear them higher than my waist, they look like mom jeans with the nasty front-butt thing. UGH! So it seems as though I'm stuck with baggy pants.

Is there a temporary solution (other than losing weight, which I'm obviously working on)?

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Well, I have no advice because I am in the same boat, but will surely be following post! Good luck! :smile:
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are these jeans or work pants? Where are you buying them from? I have found that changing brands may help.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 50lbs! That's fabulous! Have you tried wearing one of those tank tops that suck your gut in? Sometimes they help enough to smooth things out so that you're more comfortable. You just had a little munchkin, and sometimes our abs are the last ones to play nice after being stretched out for almost 10 months.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Buy a few pairs you really like that fit in the waist, and have them tailored. It obviously gets expensive to do it for a whole wardrobe, but that way you'd have a couple of pairs that fit well when you need them!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Well done you xxxxxxxxxx

Ok, I find different shops have different fits..

I like Selfridges xx They give me a nice looking butt.. xx :blushing:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Are these jeans or work pants? Where are you buying them from? I have found that changing brands may help.

Jeans are usually ok, it's work pants I have most of the problem with.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I've been living in leggings.. they are so much easier :)
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Prob need to shop around, try out some different brands. Try some JR's style too...
  • jennajava
    Options
    Well done you xxxxxxxxxx

Ok, I find different shops have different fits..

I like Selfridges xx They give me a nice looking butt.. xx :blushing:

I live in the states. But thanks anyway!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Sorry I can't consider anything to do with size 8 pants a problem! lol. Try on some different high end jeans, which most often fit better, and find your favorites on ebay for less.
  • jennajava
    Options
    I've been living in leggings.. they are so much easier :)

Not allowed to wear at work :(
  • jennajava
    Options
    Prob need to shop around, try out some different brands. Try some JR's style too...

Juniors...I haven't tried that
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wear more skirts for the time being? I got nothing...
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem. I kept toning and losing and now that I have regained my pre-pubescent figure (*chuckles*) everything has evened out.

Good Luck!
  • jennajava
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 50lbs! That's fabulous! Have you tried wearing one of those tank tops that suck your gut in? Sometimes they help enough to smooth things out so that you're more comfortable. You just had a little munchkin, and sometimes our abs are the last ones to play nice after being stretched out for almost 10 months.

This is a wonderful idea. Thank you!!!
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing shapewear to help. Look for pants with thinner leg styles.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Wear more skirts for the time being? I got nothing...

I could do this. Haha
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My problem is big butt, smaller waist. I usually need to have the waist taken in and the pants hemmed.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Buy a few pairs you really like that fit in the waist, and have them tailored. It obviously gets expensive to do it for a whole wardrobe, but that way you'd have a couple of pairs that fit well when you need them!
    Yeah, I wouldn't really want to invest in that since I'm still losing, but it's definitely something to consider for when I reach my goal. Thanks!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would keep looking around, or have them tailored. Maybe have two/three well tailored pairs.... It my cost more, but you'll be more comfortable and more confident.