Negative Calorie Intake

13»

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    I've already finished recovery, thank you.

For crying out loud people :noway: She is here for the same reasons as the rest of us, just because she isn't fat doesn't mean she doesn't have a right to ask questions.

arewethereyet has some good advice for her. Recovering from any eating disorder whether under eating, binge & purging or over eating we all need to learn to do it right.

unfortunately she has chosen to be in a business where malnutrition is all but required. If she doesn't ask questions and learn how to truly take care of herself now then when should she?

My only advice is that you are the minority on MFP and don't get discouraged, we are all pretty passionate and opinionated and our written words come off harse....in a lot of instances. You may need to seek the professional advice of a doctor, nutritionist or personal trainer....if not all three. You know you have a problem with food and ONLY YOU can do what is right for you. Be smart about it.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Amen!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member

:laugh: :laugh: obviously not, or you wouldn't be here trying to look like Nicole Ritchie.....oops...my bad, now i'm rude! <slaps, self on hand> and songbyrd......:love::flowerforyou: I love you,and your tell it like it is smarts! :happy:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member

For crying out loud people :noway: She is here for the same reasons as the rest of us, just because she isn't fat doesn't mean she doesn't have a right to ask questions.

arewethereyet has some good advice for her. Recovering from any eating disorder whether under eating, binge & purging or over eating we all need to learn to do it right.

unfortunately she has chosen to be in a business where malnutrition is all but required. If she doesn't ask questions and learn how to truly take care of herself now then when should she?

My only advice is that you are the minority on MFP and don't get discouraged, we are all pretty passionate and opinionated and our written words come off harse....in a lot of instances. You may need to seek the professional advice of a doctor, nutritionist or personal trainer....if not all three. You know you have a problem with food and ONLY YOU can do what is right for you. Be smart about it.

I respectively don't agree with you, if in fact she is "recovered" she's asking questions she already knows the answers to, people are now feeding her need to give her the ok, to continue killing her body, if that's what she wants then fine, but I think people with eating disorders need the help of a dietician, and docs, not random people giving her permission to continue with the nonsense that could quite possibly kill her.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member

I don't think anyone was being unkind to her or being harsh. Someone saw what she had written about being pro ana/mia on her profile and expressed concern because she was asking whether it was okay to basically zero out the calories that she had eaten by exercising them off. She was rude when she told that poster not to try to be smart and to reread what was written.

As a person who is fat - I recognize that undereating and overeating are BOTH eating disorders and are both dangerous - one will just kill you a lot slower.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Is it okay to burn more calories than you eat in a day?
    [i.e. Say you ate 1,200 calories, then you worked out for 2 hours and burned 1,200 calories.]
    :embarassed:

This is the only question she asked and it's a reasonable question. It seems this question comes up just about every day from people of all backgrounds and needs, so why is everybody calling her out? I don't get it. She asked for information or tools to get the information to be INFORMED. This is what most people call research. Research spawns knowledge.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    No one answered my question, so I'm gonna post again!

So my rest BMR is 1400. I always eat at least 1200, but if I work out and burn 400, is it ok to just eat like 1300 (1400+400-500=1300)? It sounds right to me, at least...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

So my rest BMR is 1400. I always eat at least 1200, but if I work out and burn 400, is it ok to just eat like 1300 (1400+400-500=1300)? It sounds right to me, at least...

For me, I eat no less than 1200 but eat back most of my cals burned exercising. I am 138 @ 5'2" tall. My doc told me eat between 1200-1500 depending on exercise.

SO-IMHO you should be eating 1400-1600 on exercise days. But no less than 1400 on exercise days.

Honestly I have seen many a plateau due to under eating, more than over eating.

BTW your looking great!:flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member

Everyone is different but as long as the 1400 isn't already taking a deficit into account it sounds about right.

Experiment a little though, if you find your weightloss is slowing or if you plateau try adding in a few extra calories. When I plateaued recently what eventually helped me break through was eating more and changing up my exercise routine.

Good luck :smile:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member

Everyone is different but as long as the 1400 isn't already taking a deficit into account it sounds about right.

Experiment a little though, if you find your weightloss is slowing or if you plateau try adding in a few extra calories. When I plateaued recently what eventually helped me break through was eating more and changing up my exercise routine.

Good luck :smile:

Yeah, I've keep plateauing eating most all my exercise calories, so I'm going to try this. It could also be that what I'm eating (I live in the dorms) has more calories than I think it does. I think they put butter in most of the veggies. So I'm going to try this until school ends at the beginning of May and see how it goes.:happy:
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    The original poster, her profile says she is pro aneroxia/bulimia. Therefore her question can't really be taken seriously in my opinion.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    I see you have changed you profile so it no longer says that you are pro anerexia and bulimia. Hope that is because you changed your mind, not because you thought you were being attacked. Seriously though, how can you really expect people to take a question about negative calories seriously from a person who states that.
  • There is nothing wrong with burning more calories than you take in. That is the whole point of the weight loss battle. As long as your eat what is recommended for your weight and gender you have all of the nutrients and fuel you need to sustain your body.
This discussion has been closed.