WHY?????

Options
I took a huge dump this morning....and the scale didn't move AT ALL...

There had to be ATLEAST 2 lbs in there when I was finished...

I eat goldfish crackers and gain 2 lbs, I take this monster steamer and I don't lose anything...

Losing weight is hard...

Help?

Replies

• JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Did you go right after you ate?
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Were you eating goldfish crackers while sh*tting? There could be a bigger problem there.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I took a huge dump this morning....and the scale didn't move AT ALL...

There had to be ATLEAST 2 lbs in there when I was finished...

I eat goldfish crackers and gain 2 lbs, I take this monster steamer and I don't lose anything...

Losing weight is hard...

Help?

What is up with all the toilet threads today?
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    No I was eating cheetos and watching netflix on my ipad...it helps me to relax so the process goes alot smoother
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ummm a lil TMI there buddy :indifferent:
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I looked at your journel. You are consistently over your goal. Weightloss does not happen in one day. Going to the bathroom has no effect on the scale. Sorry.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Puggy33
    Options
    Sorry, I looked at your journel. You are consistently over your goal. Weightloss does not happen in one day. Going to the bathroom has no effect on the scale. Sorry.

Are you saying im doing it wrong?
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    the body works in funny ways, i wouldn't be as scale conscious, it seems to me you weighed yourself immediately before and immediately after to come to this conclusion...maybe weigh yourself once a week instead.
  • Puggy33
    Options
    the body works in funny ways, i wouldn't be as scale conscious, it seems to me you weighed yourself immediately before and immediately after to come to this conclusion...maybe weigh yourself once a week instead.

I try and do it once a month, I just stared at the scale for so long I had to see if it made a difference...the result made me very very angry
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Maybe the scale has a steamer sensor.
  • jeepwidow01
    Options

Over the past week, there was only one day that you were under your goal, plus check out your sodium intake. Up your water, stay under your goal and then you will see the scale move. :smile: BM's aren't going to make a difference, sorry. Good luck on your journey!
  • SPheonix22
    Options

Your counting your calories right. But you are over everytime. The scale isn't going to move on its own. If you are a chef you probably love food. But part of being a chef includes being creative. Expeiriment and see what you like. Keep within your guided calories and you should have no problem. I just started here. My calories are set at 1460 without exercise. Im used to eating between 1800 and 2250. That's a big jump for me. But after doing it for two weeks sometimes it hard to go over 1300. I have bad days like this weekend, but not consistently. Just try it for to weeks and see what happens.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

I beg to differ, I can drop several lbs. in a day just by urinating.
  • SPheonix22
    Options

I beg to differ, I can drop several lbs. in a day just by urinating.

That's water weight and not the point. LOL. Smarta**
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well... it has no real effect, but it should definitely have an immediate short-term effect. If you weigh yourself, you are also weighing whatever is in your intestines. So if you weigh yourself immediately before and after, there should be a difference. Maybe poop doesn't weigh all that much...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    hahaha I've wanted to start a thread like this forever but could never bring myself to do it! haha thanks!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing on occasion. In fact, you'd think going #1 would cause some slight loss. Water is pretty heavy after all.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right. You could poop all day long and you will NOT lose weight unless you stay at or under your calorie goal. Losing weight is 90% diet and only 10% exercise. Seriously, one day you ate a 2000 calorie breakfast...not the way to do this. My breakfasts are typically about 250-350 calories.

Your profile says you're a chef. You need to learn about caloric content of foods, then get creative in the kitchen. Find a way to make healthy, lower-calorie dishes. This will not happen for you if you keep eating at the levels you've been eating.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Let me just thank you for this showing up at lunch time while I'm eating.
This discussion has been closed.