What gets you up in the morning?

Options
2»

Replies

• kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same trouble. I can pee and go straight back to bed.

A good suggestion is great music (this works for me sometimes).

Another thing that works for me (sometimes) is deciding upon something that I actually love to do and allowing myself to do that in the mornings (either as a reward or just to get a jump start). For example, since cooking is a luxury for me, I tell myself that I can make that low fat banana bread, IF, I get up before X time. Then I can exercise while it is cooking.

Good luck and let me know if you find anything that works. Otherwise, I lay in bed till the last possible minute and then get up and go to work (which leads to lots to do after work)! I would really like to change my cycle.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same trouble. I can pee and go straight back to bed.

i will send you Bearly There , she will not tolerate that
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My paycheck :) I work out in the evenings after work.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I used to be a morning person but the season change has messed my schedule up. So when you figure something out let me know. Restarting my routine next week
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this question. I am not a morning person or I'm just a lazy person and could be a morning person. Reading the responses has motivated me to try harder. I will lay my exercise clothes out the night before and have a plan in place. eg. Good weather =outside walk, rain = Dvd or exercise bike.
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    if i dont get up early and exercise i will be thinking about having to do all day at work!
    Its best to wake up early and watch the sun rise
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is the need to pee.

The honesty in this one cracked me right up:)
  • slenderagain
    Options
    I am not a morning person and I've never been successful in trying to turn myself into one. When I wake up in the morning the only thing that gets me out of bed is the thought of a nice warm shower...not going outside and exerting myself right away! I fit my exercise in at night. I have three kids so I do it when they are in bed. I have been taking dance classes and they are either 6-8 pm or 8-10 pm. It works great for me. I go about 5 nights per week.
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    His name is peep. He was supposed to be a Hen when we bought him as a tiny chick. And if he isn't enough our dog Casey feels he should be fed at 5 AM. Our children feed the dogs so he sits at the bottom of the stairs and....... WOOOOO WOOOOOOOHHHHH. Until someone tells him to stop or feeds him. ( He hasn't figured out the more he does it the longer it takes to get his breakfast.) None the less, I tend to exercise at night. No one to interrupt me, kids, dogs, husband...... chickens. And every time I try to get up really early to exercise, I just can't get up. The alarm mysteriously doesn't go off. Or it goes of in the PM and not the AM, while I shut it off I curse the engineers that make the AM and PM so tiny!
    Maybe you should see if there is a group that runs in your area that you could join in with. I know our rec center has a walking group every week! Good Luck!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Like a couple of the other replies, if I dont do it early it doesnt get done. I get my workout clothes and my work clothes out the night before so I dont wake the rest of the household scrambling around - not to mention being late getting out the door. I also have to set my alarm a ways away so I HAVE to get up to get it. My favorite was the 'to not be fat or lazy' reply - that IS why we do this afterall! Why dont you find a new running partner? Or go to a gym with classes where you get to know people. I have instructors and gym friends who give me grief if I dont come which helps a lot. I even have a female friend (purely friends only, really!) I call my gym wife cause she keeps me inline and motivated to come to class. I cant say it has gotten easier for me to get up at 4:30 over the last couple years, but its more tolerable and the results are well worth it
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that 90 second after you are up, you are very glad you dragged yourself out of bed. It's very true!

That and well....coffee!!
  • moorejsm
    Options
    The best is a dog....they will not let you sleep in !!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that 90 second after you are up, you are very glad you dragged yourself out of bed. It's very true!

That and well....coffee!!

um yeah not me