Thank You MFP and all of my supporters!!!

Options
I look in the mirror and see no change from a year ago, I look at the scale and see a lot smaller numbers, Customers come in the store and take a double take and say "you lost some weight", I started the program wearing XXXXL shirts and 46" jeans and they were tight now a XXXl shirt hangs on me like i'm lost in it and I have my belt cinched so tight on my 46" jeans that the button wont stay fastened in fact I put on 42's and they fit loose.... Still I look in the mirror and I see the same me and I'm not happy cause I see no change. So I thank you all that keep telling me good job, you look great, I thank my scale and my clothing for telling me you were this size and now your not. Thank you all for sticking with me thru this.... I would have not done it with all of your support!!! I'm so close to a goal I set that I never thought I'd make because of all of you. Please stick with me after I reach that goal and set the next!!!! Again Thank You everyone!!!!

Replies

• brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's great to have the support out there. Great job hanging in. Keep on going. You can do it!
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far, i think when you have been over weight for a long time you develop a level of body dis-morphia and even when you lose a significant amount of weight like you have you still see the fat old you.

the scales, need for new clothes and positive comments all tell you you are doing a fantastic job even if you don't see it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!!!! Keep up the good work. Before you know it you'll be in an XL or L and smaller pants too!
  • divy76
    divy76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    KEEP IT UP!!! I can relate to this. I feel the same way when I look in the mirror I see no change but my clothes and scale tell me different. I recently have had a bad month of not caring anymore, because I had lost no weight in over a month and injured my shoulder. But I got off my tail last week and got back after it. Sometimes I guess we lose focus on the task at hand and need to be brought back to reality. 95 LBS THATS AWESOME!!!
  • elvisneedsboats
    elvisneedsboats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You've lost 95 pounds and are still wearing the same clothes? This may sound silly, but I really believe it helps your body image to have clothes that FIT. I can understand not wanting to spend money on intermediate sizes, but I, for one, feel so much better about myself when I can actually see the progress I'm making. And hiding in old, huge clothes--even though they do make it obvious that I've lost weight--just doesn't do it for me. I dump the big clothes pretty much the second I can fit into something smaller. Maybe even going into a store and trying clothes on that fit would show you how much progress you've made?

At any rate, you have come a long way and should be proud of yourself! Way to go!

Michelle
  • h82bfat
    Options
    I can understand not wanting to spend money on intermediate sizes, but I, for one, feel so much better about myself when I can actually see the progress I'm making.

Me too. Check out thrift stores. I know selection is somewhat regional...but at least outside Chicago, 95% of what I wear is Ralph Lauren, Tommy Bahama, Tori Richard, etc. and I never pay more than $6.99 for a shirt. Also, if I get a quality garment, I can donate it back when it's too small (and claim a tax deduction.) and it will be as good as when I got it. If I buy something from Wal-Mart it will start to decompose after it's first washing.

95 lbs is a whole lot of weight! You may not see a difference, but I suspect everyone who knows you does. Keep up the good work!
  • rosssport
    rosssport Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm buying new cloths for going out but I'm wearing some of my bigger stuff and old stuff that hasn't fit me in years for work and around the house. I don't want to buy too much until I'm happy with my size.... I'm actually having fun shopping in places that I never could before and I really hate shopping... LOL
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: You are at the same spot that so many of us are... so when we say "GOOD JOB" or "YOU LOOK GREAT" please KNOW that it is TRUE:heart: !!! We all have such a hard time seeing the 'new us'... Want an amazing visual tho?! 95# is the equivalent of :smile: THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY:smile: sticks of butter!!! Imagine all of that piled up in front of you.... WOW man, I mean really...WOW! That is soooo awesome! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on 95 LBS! I agree with some of the other posts... you really, need to get into clothes that fit! Hit the thrift shops, or even ebay... you will feel better about yourself if you are in something that "shows off" the fact that you are smaller... also, there is an emotional tie to the bigger outfits... you look at it and think "man, I can still wear this, and did at my highest weight". It makes it tough to see where you are, if you hide under all the extra fabric folds!

You, are rockin it out! And will continue to do so, treat yourself to the clothes that help you feel good about being smaller!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!