how many miles do you run per week?

Options
2»

Replies

• sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging between 20-25 miles a week right now over 3 runs. 1 short run... 1 medium run... 1 very long run. I'm also running a giant hill in the medium and long. My half marathon is Saturday. :happy:

My milage is between 25 to 30 a week over 4 runs a week. My half is the 13th! Good luck to you on your race!!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    pre marathon - 30-40miles
    post marathon 20-30 miles
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm at 12 now. I'll be working my way up to 30 to run a half in May.

I'm using the Smart Coach plan on the Runners World website.
  • k8bugz
    k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I average around 10-15 mi/wk, but I only run 3x, typically one easy, shorter run, one tempo medium distance, and one longer distance. I cross train the other days, with spin classes 2x and the elliptical + yoga on my "easy" days. I used to also do strength training 2x but I've got an neck injury so I'm off that until the new year probably (ugh). I've been thinking about adding another running day because I would like to up my weekly mileage to 15-20 - and everyone else who has commented so far are totally inspiring me to - but ideally I'd like to be a little lighter before doing so.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Currently doing about 10-15mi/week in preparation for a 15K in ONE MONTH (ack!). Peak week is 19 miles over Thanksgiving. After that I'll scale back to about 7mi/week until I start officially training again in February for a half marathon. That plan starts out at 12mi/week and peaks at 22mi/week.

Oh, and I use Hal Higdon's training programs.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I run between 30 and 40 miles per week, depending on what I am training for. Right now Im running 5 miles (tempo), 8 miles (intervals), 5 miles (sprints or fartleks) and 12 miles (long run)... which an optional run of 5 miles (for fun). I almost never skip my fun run. :)

great schedule!

this month i am leaning towards 8-12 miles a week. i don't really have a goal race for november (just a turkey trot 5k) and need to ease myself back into using a treadmill instead of running outside. december will probably be closer to 15-20 miles a week.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging 10-12 miles per week for 3 runs/week. It's going to be going up, as I'm adding mileage to my long runs (training for my first half marathon).
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Mine is a daily goal-- 8 miles running (plus an extra 2.5 mi on the elliptical and weight training). I do this monday-friday, and then Saturday is a light day (5 miles, weight training) and then Sunday is my off-day :)

Once my weight gets back down to where I want it to be, I might start training for another half-- Even though it's only another 8 lbs or so, it's amazing what that extra weight does in terms of my speed/endurance
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    it doesnt change a lot but goes up and down a bit depending on when the next marathon is. I follow the FIRST training program http://www2.furman.edu/sites/first/Pages/rlrf.aspx it has worked well for me, run 3x a week a tempo, intervals and a long run plus cross training. take the book out of the library or buy it, it is a quick read and makes a lot of sense, i shed a lot of time when i started following it.
    temp is usually 6 or 7, occassionally as much as 11 miles
    intervals is about 5 or 6 total
    long run varies from 13 to 20
    i do a 5 mile recovery run slow and easy with my running club
    so guess that adds up to 30 to 40 miles a week most of the time.