Arent I too young for Premenapause?

Options
2»

Replies

• Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I'd still get checked. Yes you can start perimenopause early. I've had some symptoms for years but never have had a missed period yet.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of symptoms, http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml You can check for other possible symptoms. It also tells you other things it could be, but since you saw a doc, I assume those have been ruled out.

You totally depressed me, I have alot of those symptoms. You evil woman you..lol
  • Redol67
    Options
    I am 44 yrs of age, since January of this year my periods have been a little out of wack...one month it lasted 13 days, then I didn't have another one for 49 days, but it was a normal one, then I had a very short one (normally mine are 7 days). October came and I had my period which lasted 5 days, then nothing for about a week, but now spotting for the last 2 weeks almost but more than spotting when I work out, run, and aerobics....

Other than that I have no other symptoms but wonder if I am also going through premenapause.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    for me, the night sweats were the worst! i'd wake up and have to change the change my pajamas and the sheets 2-3 times a night. not a fun timeframe in my life. i was completely through menopause at the age of 27. i am now 33 and have to take hormone replacement therapy. it is possible. have your ob do a blood panel for a month to track your hormones. it may be a simple fix of needing more estrogen or progesterone, or switching from yaz to a different birth control.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Could be a host of things.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I went through menopause early - completely stopped periods at 40. There is a blood test that can be taken to see. However, you must be off of all birth control, for 6 months - I think.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Haha, sorry! It is kinda depressing, the thing that gets me through it is knowing sometime within the next 5 to ten years I will be done with these monthly curses, which aren't so monthly anymore.
    Here's a list of symptoms, http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml You can check for other possible symptoms. It also tells you other things it could be, but since you saw a doc, I assume those have been ruled out.

You totally depressed me, I have alot of those symptoms. You evil woman you..lol
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are too young. Perimenopause can last for 10-15 years from what I"ve heard!

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.....hard. I'm in perimenopause and I'm hating it. I've been in it for a few years now and am depressed that there may be several more to go. Ugh!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My periods went wacky after my fourth child and the tubal ligation I had two months later when was 30. I had night sweats and heavy periods, then missed periods. finally it all leveled off until I was about 47 I had a horrible stressful job and my periods got heavy and LOOONg again. Dr. put me on meds to re-boot my cycle twice. I finally finished at 52. I'd see an OB-Gyn to be sure.
  • Becky1971
    Options
    I have to be honest, I have never looked into the symptoms of hypothyroidism.(Though years ago my daughter was tested, and then not too long ago my son was tested for hyperthyroidism. )I guess because I knew weight gain was a symptom and since I have been able to lose weight, thought it's been very hard this last year, I just didn't consider it. But I thought i would look today, and was shocked at how many symptoms are the same as perimenopause. No wonder women are always saying to have the thyroid ruled out. http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone . Every single one of these symptoms I have, and thought it was perimenopause. I'm still inclined to believe it's Perimenopause because of other issues I have, but definitely will be talking with a doctor in the future, cause I suppose it could be both. That's just difficult to do without insurance, and finances being where they are. I will have to wait for taxes.
  • Becky1971
    Options
    As I have further researched hypothyroidism, I found that dry eyes is a big problem with it. My eyes have been horrible this year. Eye doc gave me drops, and told me to take Flax seed oil capsules (this was the beginning of this year with taxes.) My eyes are so bad I get horrible headaches from it. I am finding this all very interesting. Definitely need to get checked soon as I can.
    I have to be honest, I have never looked into the symptoms of hypothyroidism.(Though years ago my daughter was tested, and then not too long ago my son was tested for hyperthyroidism. )I guess because I knew weight gain was a symptom and since I have been able to lose weight, thought it's been very hard this last year, I just didn't consider it. But I thought i would look today, and was shocked at how many symptoms are the same as perimenopause. No wonder women are always saying to have the thyroid ruled out. http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone . Every single one of these symptoms I have, and thought it was perimenopause. I'm still inclined to believe it's Perimenopause because of other issues I have, but definitely will be talking with a doctor in the future, cause I suppose it could be both. That's just difficult to do without insurance, and finances being where they are. I will have to wait for taxes.
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options

This is depressing :-(