2%
1%
soy milk
or is there other ones that are better

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Read the labels and decide which is best fr yourself. Everyone's body make-up is different.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    fat free is what i drink
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is one of the best but the taste can throw you if you're just getting used to it. I alternate between skim milk and almond milk depending on my mood.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love the unsweetened Almond milk....it's pretty rich though but I like that.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I drink 1%, as it has less cals than 2%, and I like to eat, not drink the majority of my caloires. But if what you are considering fits with your macro goals, then you can make any of them part of a healthy diet.
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is one of the best but the taste can throw you if you're just getting used to it. I alternate between skim milk and almond milk depending on my mood.

how would you describe the taste like if you had a bowl of cereal with it or something does it affect the taste of the cereal?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    All up to you and what sort of nutrients you need. I don't need fat from milk, I get it other places. I can't handle cow milk very well, so I drink almond milk. Lots of choices out there.
  • erickirb
    Options

almond milk is my favorite for taste, but I don't drink it too ofter as there is no, or very little, protein whereas milk has 8-9 grams per cup.
  • erickirb
    Options

how would you describe the taste like if you had a bowl of cereal with it or something does it affect the taste of the cereal?

it is a little sweeter and nuttier, but tastes great on cereal and you may not need to add any or as much sugar, if you put sugar on your cereal.
  • sunshinekind
    Options
    I myself use almond milk even to cook with. I have a pretty high protein diet from other sources, so almond is the best choice for me because there is LOADS of calcium which is super important for women and the calories are just right. I buy the plain unsweetened kinds for every day use, but occasionally get vanilla or chocolate as a treat and it doesn't ruin my day. :)
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I just can't compare almond milk to cow milk....(and dont even consider soy milk to exist)

Of the cows milk...I'd say whole....low fat dairy isn't better. But i'm not a milk drinker, the children are.

Now almond milk is just delicious....and I dont see it used the same as regular milk.
  • ImNotStarving
    Options
    I just can't compare almond milk to cow milk....(and dont even consider soy milk to exist)

Of the cows milk...I'd say whole....low fat dairy isn't better. But i'm not a milk drinker, the children are.

Now almond milk is just delicious....and I dont see it used the same as regular milk.

My daughter loves almond milk - she is 4 and I just recently started buying it. My son (12) tasted it and said it was too thick and creamy, and he doesn't like it. I actually haven't tried it. I have had coconut milk though :) It isn't the best for taste, but it's very filling.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    2% or skim is fine for me if I use it to cook or eat cereal. If I am drinking milk, I have to have whole. It does have more calories and fat, but I plan for it and factor it in for the day.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    We don't buy cow's milk anymore. My boyfriend and I drink unsweetened plain almond milk with everything from coffee to cooking. Gives a nice flavor to food in cooking as well and is nutty and delicious with granola or cereal. And at 35 calories a cup? Can't beat it.
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    I drink skim milk because I don't like the texture of whole milk. I'm not afraid of the fat from whole milk, it's just kinda an icky texture.

Also my husband has Chrone's disease, so he's been advised against soy milk and other soy products.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    anything but skim....bleh! it looks like blue water...

prefer whole, but i use 1%...
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I drink Grass Point's 2% reduced fat milk, about a cup a day. I think the fat in milk is great for you, if the cows were grass fed. I'd drink the whole if I could find it.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank cow's milk since high school. Even then I'd water it down if it wasn't skim or 1% otherwise I'd have a tummy ache. Right now I'm loving Silk almond milk occasionally I treat myself to the dark chocolate. I don't remember to drink it often because I try not to drink calories, too easy to consume a lot quick.

I got used to soy milk when my daughter inherited my lactose issues but now I'm not that used to it. I used some on my cereal a couple weeks ago and couldn't finish it all the taste was off. I'm so used to my almond milk now.

I tortue myself more often than needed by having ice cream. LOL On the occasion I eat more than a ounce of cheese I'll pay too. LOL I really need to start a cal/mag supplement.