Eliptical machine

Options
How do you find eliptical stepper machine in the exercises??

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    with 2 L's :)

elliptical.
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    I love the elliptical. I hurt my knees doing track and basketball in school, so the low impact really helps me. Plus I burn more calories and can push myself harder than on a regular treadmill.
  • jimmymc003
    Options
    That worked, I thought I did that already but I guess not.
    Thanks!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So, silly question perhaps, but how is it that the elliptical burns more cal than running on a treadmill? Seems like it is often less work (or that is my vague perception...)
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    So, silly question perhaps, but how is it that the elliptical burns more cal than running on a treadmill? Seems like it is often less work (or that is my vague perception...)

most likely the resistance levels... I know my cal burn goes up with every increase in resistance.
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    The elliptical machines at my gym allow you to put resistance behind each step making it harder to go. Plus see my comment about bad knees, without my knee sending sharp jabbing pain up my leg I can go a lot further and a lot faster.
  • stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The arc trainer is really good too for knee problems. I hurt mine in a car accident and can't run but love both machines and have very little if any pain ever.