Snack Ideas

Options
I get hungry frequently throughout the day. I like bringing things into work for snacks between meals. Sometimes the same 'ol stuff gets tiring! Would love to hear some of your favorite *easy* snacks that I can do at work...

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too!! :smile:
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Cut protien bars up into little bites so it's more like eating M&M's. :D
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I keep nuts, fruit, raw veggies and boiled eggs at work with me.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and sometimes Emerald's cocoa almonds just love them. yum
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

wow, thats a good idea!!

My snacks are Popcorn, Fiber One Brownies, Fiber One Bars, and Cashews also have apples in the fridge
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    LOVE this idea!

Here's my input: apple & peanut butter, houmous and raw veg (celery, carrot sticks, pepper), greek yogurt with berries.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I bring almonds, yogurt, banana, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, dried fruit, cottage cheese, popcorn. I always keep something in my desk or in the frig so I have a healthy choice. This keeps me from running to the 7-11, right around the corner, to get something really high calorie or just plain wrong.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Here are my snacks throughout the day - unsalted nuts, all kids of fruit, olives, dark chocolate . hard boiled eggs, 90 cal bars. I break everything into small parts.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I generally have fat free pretzel sticks, almonds, fruit is always good. Someone recommended to me, string cheese, triscuit crisp crackers, hummus, peanut butter.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    banana and peanut butter
    apples and peanut butter
    2% sharp cheddar cheese stick and turkey pepperoni
    cheese stick with peanut butter.

notice I love peanut butter. lol.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Grapes
    pretzels
    Caraway Rye triscuits (mmmmmm)
    dried fruit
    yogurt (we have a big fridge, so can keep stuff around :)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Dried Fruit
    Trail Mix with nuts, dried fruit & chocolate
    Dark chocolate covered almonds
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Deviled Eggs & Melba Toast
    Almonds/Nuts & Cheese
    Apples & Peanut Butter
    Veggies & Dip/Hummus
    Fruit Kabobs
    Baked Chips & Salsa
    Granola Bars
    Tea
    Dry Cereal
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes... almonds. I also like Nature Valley Granola bars nearby because they're full of fiber and are filling. :) Apples, too!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Handful of Nuts... I really like Blue Diamond Butter Toffee Almonds.
    Cuties Clementine Oranges
    Peanut Butter and an Apple or just an apple by it's self
    Greek Yougurt

All favorite snacks of mine!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Almonds or peanuts. I also love these flatbread and hummus snack packs that you can find at stores. Or fresh veggies.
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted to Granola Thins. They are only like 80 cal and 11 carbs great snack especially frozen. My favorite snack right now is what I call my strawberry cheesecake. I take 1 cup of strawberries sliced add a little splenda and a wedge of laughing cow light swiss and mix. it is awesome! I usually eat this with a serving of baby carrots, my snacks have to have fruit veggie and fat to keep my blood sugars stable. I have been getting into the fall by microwaving an apple sliced in half and cored cook for 2:30 min then sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon cook an additional 2:30 covered. Then can add the laughing cow cheese.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    popcorn
    carrots (w/ peanut butter)
    celery (w/ pb)
    veggie sticks (the 'chips' not actual sticks of veggies)
    fiber one bars
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    apples are in season now :) They have fiber to fill you up, so always a good choice!

I also look for individual sized microwavable frozen veggies - be careful though and make sure the calorie content of these stick within your budget - usually around 120 calories, but they are definitely filling and nice to have when you want something warm!

My favorite low calorie snack that I eat are baby carrots!
  • lrod2323
    Options
    I like to bring cut up veggies and some hummus, yogurt, sliced almonds, and cereal bars low in sugar
  • Techibing
    Options
    I love everything that is portable and ready to go from fridge/pantry to food bag. I love single serve apple slices, homemade trail mix, fiber one bars and brownies, stonyfield yogurt smoothies, string cheese, apples, pears, bananas, popchips, and for my sweet tooth, trader joes single serve dark chocolate bars. And since I prefer my beverages with a little punch, I always keep my desk drawer, pantry and purse stocked with a few of my favorite herbal teas. The lipton varieties even flavor cold water if you let it sit a bit.