I'm Angry

Options
This is my first week. I'm here because I'm angry at myself for letting my weight get out of control. Although I am not struggling with obesity (yet), I have been in a downward spiral for a few years now, and am in the worst shape I've ever been in. I don't exercise, I eat too much at every meal. I snack throughout the day. I don't have the energy to play with my kids. I'm angry. I'm ready to do something about it. I start tracking everything NOW. Any encouragement will help. Thanks!

Replies

• SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Like I always say: no need to get angry about the past, just look ahead to the future and get happy about what's to come.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's great that you are getting a handle on it before you have to deal with being obese! Tracking is great. And if you can, start exercising a few times a week. It will really help! Good luck to you!
  • Dangerously15
    Options
    Glad your here!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You can do it! feel free to add me for support if you'd like!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Just be happy with yourself that you are deciding to do this before you are obese (like so many of us were at the beginning of this journey!) Keep your eye on the prize, and set goals for yourself! ;) Best of Luck!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    get to it. add friends, open your diary to the public, It sucks to be harassed, but it will help hold you accountable. drop people that stop logging after a few weeks, it will keep your list de cluttered..... set your goal and stick to it. Hope to hear from you soon, good luck.
  • HealthierMichael
    Options
    Dude, that was how I felt 3 months ago, but not anymore.

You have stepped onto the road to fitness. Eat well and track it. Exercise well and track it. Welcome to the party!

11239200.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Welcome to site, hope you find it helpful! I can offer moral support, but I'm not the best at knowing what works and doesn't work. Add me if you like. :wink: And again, good luck!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    you have taken the first step to get you back to you... Exercise and tracking your food will become second nature.. WELCOME!!!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Like I always say: no need to get angry about the past, just look ahead to the future and get happy about what's to come.

Great advice! I second that!
  • brinafaye
    brinafaye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    well lets get started :) i'm here to for the same reason i need to keep up withe the kids.this is a wonderful site for motivation!
  • Shanahan09
    Options

Love this!

Be excited about what next year will bring in regards to your weight. I'm super excited for next summer. No damn way I'm missing out again on the waterslides, or going to beach because I'm embarrassed by my weight. It shall be gone I say...BE GONE!! :bigsmile:
  • mhawkins777
    mhawkins777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Paul,
    Dont worry. You are here and ready to do something about it. The key is sustanined patience. Most weight loss occurs at a rate of 1.0 to1.5 a week. That is diet and excercise done consistently. So, if you are 20 pounds over weight it stand to to reason it will take you 20 weeks or 4 to 4.5 months to make your goal. The first month you will lose 5 pounds and no one will notice, frustrating but true. The second month you will lose 10lbs. some will notice but wont say much, its not till you get to 15-20 lbs. is the weight loss noticeable. But you will notice it the whole journey and you will get energy back. That energy will lift your spirits and give you the power of confidence. You can overcome it. Good luck.
  • HazelElfwand
    Options
    you're here now - so make it count!!! like he said - welcome to the party!!! Enjoy the ride :)
  • Back2Paul
    Options
    Thanks! That's a good thought.
  • BrownSugar81
    Options
    We're all in this together, just take it one day at a time and start with small changes so you don't get overwhelmed.
  • Back2Paul
    Options

Love this!

Be excited about what next year will bring in regards to your weight. I'm super excited for next summer. No damn way I'm missing out again on the waterslides, or going to beach because I'm embarrassed by my weight. It shall be gone I say...BE GONE!! :bigsmile:

BE GONE! Yeah!
  • You are not alone and we are all here to encourage you and support you! I was in the same boat and one day woke up saying I'm going to fix it! 20 pounds down, more to go, and every day is a new adventure! Best luck to you. Please feel free to ad me :)
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    This is a great way to start. Turn the anger into determination. No need to dwell on the past but just it as fuel for the future! You can do this and it s a great site to stay focused! I am 6 days strong so far and i do not intend on going back! Add me :) we can stay determined
  • mswindy
    Options
    Live today so you don't regret yesterday every tomorrow.

My story: i gained 200 lbs over a decade. Lost 100 lbs in 2 yrs. by changing my diet and exercise habits. Met with a dietician who gave me a strict diet to follow. MFP is helping me stay focused, accountable for what I put in my mouth, and allows me to see what progress im making.

discipline, determination, and planning!