Worst xmas gift you have received

Options

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    On my first married Christmas, my Mother in Law brought me some flannel pyjamas....jeez I was 22 years old and just married...I am 45 now and don't wear anything other than a big smile in bed lol
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    juice glass set with decanter, first off I am diabetic I dont drink juice and second it was a regift, had my sister-in-laws bridal shower card stuffed inside the box from summer time and who the glass set was from to her ... this woman makes 6 figures a year and gives me a regift? really? how cheap can you be!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I got barbies and barbie bubble bath when I was 16.. 16!!!! Needless to say I gave them to my 9 year old sister.
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    an ugly craft market ornament (this one was really ugly!) wrapped in toilet paper....I am not joking!!! It was the last Christmas I exchanged gifts with my brother and his wife.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    a re-gift that i had bought years prior for someone XP

So far this one is the worst! Funny, though! All of these beat my worst Christmas present - a Christmas plate from my MIL that was the UGLIEST thing I'd ever seen. It made me wonder what she thought of my taste.

Oh yeah, my MIL one year gave me a sweater (orange and UGLY) that thankfully was miles too big. She bought it from a store we don't have here, so she took it back to her house. Next time we were visiting, she was wearing it! I never did get a replacement. However, she did give me the best gift ever - my husband.
  • bethyang
    Options
    That means you were bad that year....
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    nothing
  • Determined1980
    Options
    A makeup bag which would have been ok except for the fact that I only wear chapstick. I don't know if it was a hint that I should wear make up or what, but I ended up giving it to my mom.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm not the girliest of girls. Growing up my aunt would always get me something she would have liked rather than what I want, and rather than 'be rude' and politely tell my aunt I wasn't into make-up and purses my mother made me take it every year and then send a thank you note.

One year in particular my brother received a gumball machine, my sister a nice teddy bear and myself? A headband. Not just a headband, a red and green plaid headband that didn't match anything I owned. Ok ok, she also sent a subscription to 17 magazine-but it still just felt like a headband.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any bad ones, but my sister's in-laws once bought her a used purse from Good Will that was not only ugly, but had a stain on the outside and was dirty (crumbs, etc) on the inside. The worst part was that these people are multi-millionaires (albeit eccentric) so it's not like they couldn't afford a small new gift!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    laid off from work
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Definitely clothes from my grandma. one year she got all the younger girls in our family (ages ranging from 20-30) these pastel-colored "house coats". They looked like something you'd see the women wearing in nursing homes. Then she made us all try them on over our clothes. We all looked like color-coordinated marshmellows.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'd LOVE it if some of the folks buying me gifts WOULD go to the thirft stores and buy me the hand-cranked meat grinders or wheat grinders or cast iron pans or mason jars... much prefer this stuff that I'll actually use vs the "junk" that often comes. Clothes that I haven't tried on for sizing purposes as an XL in some companies is a medium in others etc. Gimme my Marks work Warehouse 3XL(Tall) shirt so I can wear a T without my belly hanging out in the cold....
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OH. A Furby.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    When I was about 8 all I wanted was toys and kids clothes. Well, my aunt got me a grandma sweater. It was soooo ugly!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    In August 2004 we moved from MI (where my in-laws live) to AZ. In-laws were not really happy about that and kept asking when we were moving "home". For Christmas that year my MIL gave me towels that matched the bathroom in our MI house (gold, we hadn't redone that bathroom) and not only that, but they had some metallic thread in them that was very scratchy. We ended up keeping them in the trunk of the car for emergencies.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    A cactus...
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    2 books, 1 was the kamasutra, the other one is called: where to make love except in bed (french translation) it was from my ex bf...never opened them and no wonder why he's my EX bf

lol... i'm sorry. this is hilarious.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My half brother gave me a dance mix tape/CD every Christmas until he finally stopped giving gifts about 3 years ago. Dance mix ‘93, '94, '95, Chris Sheppard’s Dance mix, you name it and I never once expressed an interest in dance music. He was just being insulting due to my bubbly personality. I now have more post-graduate degrees than him, boo ya! ;)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My Memere gave me a bathroom set....a little soap dish and toothbrush holder covered with roses and crap..

I was maybe 7......