Zumba dvd's?

Options
Has anybody used them, and recommend them?
I plan on doing some form of exercise from 5.30am - 7am every morning before work (as my boyfriend gets up for his work at 5.30am and I only leave at 8).

Does anyone recommend zumba dvd;s? or is there something better I could use?

It does not need to be a DVD., even a certain exercise machine that would do me the most benefit?
We have a rowing machine, however I feel it doesn't target my full body, and would rather something that gave an all over work out.

Please and Spankyou! ((:

Replies

• Michelle_1012
    Options
    I highly recommend zumba especially the dvds it's a fun workout and it's really effective i've been doing it since august and I love it!!!
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome and fun, even better if you can get someone to do it with you, cause if you are talking you burn more :) Zumba exhilarate is fun cause they use dances from around the world and you can do it for hours and don't feel like you are working out and you do burn a ton of calories
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i have the zumba dvd's also and LOVE them!! the are very fun!
  • Is it fair to say you work up a good sweat and burn a lot of calories?
    Does your body feel toned. ?
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba set of DVDs..the firsst set they sold on TV... I also have the zumba for my wii... and I just baught the dvd set that is now on TV... (it should be here by the 7th of this month :) ) I would recommend the dvd sets... I get a good workout from them and I sweat a bunch :) they are a great workout and are fun to do :)
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If u have a Wii, PlayStation or Xbox...Zumba fitness is a lot of fun and I burn almost as many calories as I do in the elliptical! And its a ton more fun!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Has anybody used them, and recommend them?

I do use them, regularly. I do recommend them, most highly!

I have the Exhilarate set and the one previous to that (cardio party, etc.) and love them both.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I want to get into Zumba too! I plan on starting with the dvd and then joining the Zumba class at Curves! Good luck to you!
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting a few Zumba DVD's as well! With winter just around the corner here in Canada, I'll be moving my exercising indoors most days. Which Zumba DVD's are the best? Recommendations?
  • Moneicalynn
    Options
    you can go to zumbacalories.com & it has a calculator and tells you how many calories you can burn from it :)
  • courtneymarie8
    Options
    Zumba is really incredible if you work hard! When I started doing Zumba on a regular basis I was getting a great workout because my heart rate was elevated for the entire duration of the workout and I was getting strength training at the same time. I noticed lbs. coming off and tones muscles, especially in my thighs! I've heard (now someone might want to verify this) that a full zumba workout for an hour can burn as much as 800 calories, and it's so much fun!!! Go for it! =)
  • Moneicalynn
    Options
    Zumba is really incredible if you work hard! When I started doing Zumba on a regular basis I was getting a great workout because my heart rate was elevated for the entire duration of the workout and I was getting strength training at the same time. I noticed lbs. coming off and tones muscles, especially in my thighs! I've heard (now someone might want to verify this) that a full zumba workout for an hour can burn as much as 800 calories, and it's so much fun!!! Go for it! =)

If you go to Zumbacalories.com it will tell you how many calorie you can burn for ur weight :)
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options

If you go to Zumbacalories.com it will tell you how many calorie you can burn for ur weight :)

Love Zumba great fat burner!