The Bigger I Got The More Invisible I Became

Options
Has anyone else found that the bigger their waistline got the more invisible they became?
Girls or guys that used to catch your eye cease to even acknowledge your existence at all?
I think the military are missing a trick, they should send a truck load of guys like me on stealth missions instead of super fit Navy Seals to take advantage of this inverse law.

Replies

• bw7286
    bw7286 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's easy to hide behind weight. People don't want to approach you...and you don't want to be approached. It's funny, because when I want to be...I'm the life of the party, the comedian, Ms. Social Butterfly. The people around me know the real me. Or, at least what I let them know. But, when I go to a new place around people I don't know...I become invisible.

And I LOVE your military idea...would totally work! :-)
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yeah. This happen to me too.
  • slimdebbiecakes89
    Options
    Lol, its kinda true....I don't know why, but it is.
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely true. Glad to know it doesn't just happen to women as I thought before.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    AGREED 100% .. It's crazy the people who have crawled outta the wood works after I lost over 20lbs :)

Now I gotta BEAT'EM OFF!!!! HA HA
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that the "invisible" thing is in your head. I used to feel the same way, but then I started realizing that I was acting socially awkward because I thought the only thing people would see if I talked to them was my excess weight. I went on a dating site and forced myself to talk to people and for a while I was going on dates with multiple people, most of whom called me back and wanted to go out again. Obviously there are people out there who are only concerned with the physical, but IME, the guys I met are/were extremely supportive of the fact that I'm working out and eating healthier and putting a big effort into my personal weight loss journey.

As a side note, can I tell you how many of them were personal trainers?? Seriously, I've had so many offers from guys to meet me at the gym and help me with my workout...definitely an added bonus :happy:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's so upsetting. People are so shallow it makes me sick. I hope you are all choosing to lose weight for health and not to please these small-minded people. You are all beautiful and wonderful people, and anyone who fails to see that because of a little extra weight doesn't deserve to have you in their life anyways.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    more people notice me now that i've lost weight...i definitely get more smiles from guys, people holding open doors, boys dancing with me at the bar. it sucks that it takes losing weight to get attention, but it's true. plus, it's good motivation to lose weight right?
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm the life of the party, the comedian,
    This is impossible.

Women are not funny.
  • bw7286
    bw7286 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm the life of the party, the comedian,
    This is impossible.

Women are not funny.

Au contraire, mon frère. We're damn funny! :laugh:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I can relate. When you are over weight you can defiantly feel invisible.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I also notice the same thing, but then I wonder if it's because of how others viewed me at my past weight, or is it how I viewed myself at a heavier weight? I know that as I'm losing, I like myself better and am more confident. I think people pick up on that vibe.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    its like being the elephant in the room no one is addressing.
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You could write a book and call it "The Invisible Man". Oh wait, that's already been done.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I went from being invisible when I was fat to being invisible now that I've lost the weight...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/553026-nsv-i-m-invisible