Not enough calories? What do you do?

Options
Does anyone ever have days where you find yourself at the end of the day with LOTS of calories, at least more then on a normal day, left over? If so how do you get your minimum calories in for that day? What do you seek out to eat? I am having a stressful day and finding it difficult to eat which means if I don't eat something now I will have a larger amount of calories to get in for supper time and I just don't like to do that. :cry:

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!!!
    Almonds or any kind of nuts...high in cals and good for you
  • EmYounginTonga
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you, I am kind of in the same boat yesterday - I had over 700 calories left! would love to have some quick healthy ideas!

Thanks for posting.. hopefully we can get some suggestions!

Cheers,

Em
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would like some ideas as well!
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Or just treat myself to a bag of chips. Usually I add dessert a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream. YUM. They aren't a waste as they satisfy my bad food cravings.
  • crocodiles
    Options
    Fruit salad? Bananas have about 100 calories, and apples have about 50 I think, but they're not too filling and you can eat quite a lot without noticing (or ruining a diet) :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    how about some oatmeal? It does not need to breakfast to have this snack!

I make mine with 1% milk, quick cooking oats......then add a teaspoon +/- of peanut butter and maybe some chocolate chips. YUM
  • ashleycat23
    Options
    I have a hard time reaching enough calories a lot of the time ( I'm working on that!).
    Something i like to do to boost calories is melt down some peanut butter and put it over gluten free rice chex. It tastes like peanut butter rice crispy bars, but healthier ( no added sugar! ). Plus the warm, gooey texture kills cravings for baked goods. :happy:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever have days where you find yourself at the end of the day with LOTS of calories, at least more then on a normal day, left over? If so how do you get your minimum calories in for that day? What do you seek out to eat? I am having a stressful day and finding it difficult to eat which means if I don't eat something now I will have a larger amount of calories to get in for supper time and I just don't like to do that. :cry:

It's like the American economy.. you try to build a surplus then when you get that surplus you spend spend spend!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I eat more....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If I have a ton left over, I usually review my diary to see what I forgot to log :laugh:
    If I legitimately have a ton left, I have a super ultra mega deluxe shake, enjoy the hell out of it, and then usually post a status bragging about how many calories I just gulped down. It's a wonderful thing.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Trail mix is high cal yet healthy, and you can add whatever you like. Nuts, seeds, dried fruit (watch the sugar on that one), chunks of chocolate, dry cereal, etc. Have a handful with a piece of whole fruit and you'll be up several hundred calories. Other than a snack like that, if you're not hungry you don't necessarily have to force it.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    If I have a ton left over, I usually review my diary to see what I forgot to log :laugh:
    If I legitimately have a ton left, I have a super ultra mega deluxe shake, enjoy the hell out of it, and then usually post a status bragging about how many calories I just gulped down. It's a wonderful thing.

Haha, I love this!
    I go right for the jar of peanut butter :D
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I try to ensure that I have had the proper amount of Protein for the day first. Then I'll add back fats, then carbs as a last resort.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,008 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Peanut butter. Or Chocolate with peanut butter (this hardly ever happens for me).
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Protein like nut butter is always a great option.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem in the beginning. Then I learned to increase the amount I ate for breakfast (the most important meal of the day!) such as instead of a serving of oatmeal, I would either add another half serving or make it a double. Now, I only WISH I had that problem!! Healthy fats ought to do it - olive oil, avocado - guacamole!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    um i try not to leave a defecit of more than 300 calories more than two consecutive days.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever had this problem!
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    id have a chocolate protein shake with full fat milk and peanut butter,
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!!!