The Shred DVD - how many calories?

Options
Hi - I've started the Shred DVD (Jillian Michaels) and I don't use a HRM... anyone know approximately how many calories I should track this as? I'm thinking a conservative estimate would be 200 or 250?

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I log it in as "circuit training"
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I track it on here as circuit training and for 25 minutes it's 230-something calories.
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    I am 5'9 and 145lbs. I burn between 200-220 in the 30 day shred.
  • kcarpen3
    Options
    Per this website: http://www.livestrong.com/article/323506-how-many-calories-are-burned-doing-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-2/

"Your starting weight and fitness level will impact how many calories you burn doing the Level 2 "30 Day Shred" workout. With a starting weight around 150 lbs., you can expect to burn approximately 503 calories an hour doing this DVD, or 167 calories for a 20-minute workout."
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bumping for a friend...
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    This makes me curious... I'll go do it now with my HRM and find out! :)
  • melissaratops
    melissaratops Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I just looked this up last night!!!

According to the LiveStrong website for an individual weighing 150lbs you burn 503 calories per hour doing "The Shred"...

You can add "The Shred" to the add exercise section on MFP and it will ask time and calories, where you will fill in this info... It will then add it to your exercise for today's date, you will then have to delete it, and go under My Exercises look in your personal exercises to find it, then edit it on the right side. This is when you will actually put in the 150lbs where it states your weight, and the time and calories will stay the same. So the next time you add "The Shred" and add the time for whatever level you did (most are approximately 26minutes) it will adjust calories burned according to your current weight recorded on MFP.

For instance I weighed 180lbs, did the shred for 26min and it stated I burned 262calories...

It seems like a long process but once you add it, it will always be in your personal exercises for you to look up and add :)

Hope this helps :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 135 lbs. I only burned 100 calories. If I had logged it as "circuit training, general" it would have given me credit for twice that.
  • kwann81
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm off to do the math for my height/weight.... :)