Additional calories from exercise - question

Options
Hi, everyone!

I'm a fairly small person to begin with, so I feel fine eating 1200 calories per day. I typically exercise every day and burn from 150-200 calories, so my intake on MFP switched to 1400ish. Do I have to eat the extra calories, or will I be fine sticking with 1200? I spread them out pretty well over the day, so I always feel full. I eat before and after working out, and I'm healthy about it. What do you guys do with the extra calories you gain?

Replies

• ragenangel
    Options
    I typically don't use them. I stick with my original amount.
  • Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. I often don't eat all of my excercise calories. In fact on days that I don't work out, I sometimes feel satisfied eating under 1200 calories....
  • Bigwrick
    Options
    I am a fairly large male and not trying to lose much. MFP has me set at 1800 cal per day which isn't much. Some days with a good workout, I can burn 2200 calories during my gym time. If this happens I usually don't consume all the "bonus" calories but may use some of them. It is my understanding that you cannot build muscle without proper and adequate nutrional intake. I just try to make smart choices ie. lean protein or fat free items.
  • alantungate
    alantungate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I tend to use them as a contingency for that day.

In other words, if a social function or just straight desire takes me above the core figure then so be it ... I'm still under.

But if I'm not hungry I don't eat them for the sake of it.

Alan T
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help, everyone! I'll stick with what I've been doing, then. :smile:
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a small person, too. Don't worry about eating them back!