Buying new clothes

Options
How often do you buy new clothes? After how many pounds usually?

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 60lbs and just started buying a few things. It helped that I had old summer clothes that were tighter - so I only bought a few shirts throughout the summer.
    Ive bought a lot for fall/winter because NOTHING fits anymore and belts just wont cut it
  • mrspeavs
    Options
    As they no longer fit. :) For me, I'm seeing that it's about every 20lbs. BUT, I wear clothes probably far longer than I should - they're all hanging off me before I switch 'em out. And I ALWAYS donate the too big stuff - NEVER keep clothes that are too big in your closet...it's just an excuse to gain weight back!
  • heidiscool
    Options
    I go and try on clothes all the time as motivation so if I see something on super sale I might buy it as the opportunity comes up. I go out expressly to buy new clothes whenever my old clothes are hanging on me so much they look messy. It usually isn't weight driven but is more a product of where the weight is coming off of.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    For the past 10 years, my favorite store in which to find great, high quality clothes is: Value Village. Almost all the clothes I have to wear when going to church, out to dinner, evening out dancing... includes fully lined skirts and blazer jackets, gorgeous blouses and some nice dresses that came from some of the finest stores when new. Prices: budget friendly and, at times, a great bargain.
  • CuteEllais
    CuteEllais Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Everyone's frame is different so it'll be different answers for everyone as far as a number goes. I found that I would go down a size about every 10-15 lbs give or take, but my real rule was, "If I can pull this skirt or pants off without undoing them, it's time to go...or if I could stand and have the material NOT touch my legs anywhere.

I also think it depends on where you work and your lifestyle. I can get away with buying yoga or sweats less often than work clothes, I have to have a certain look of polish for work and when your slacks look like lounge wear, that just doesn't work.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am on a tight budge but each goal, I will get myself something.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    How often do you buy new clothes? After how many pounds usually?

Love the Jersey :happy:

I'm gonna buy new clothes this weekend, so far this year i have lost 15 pounds.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I go and try on clothes all the time as motivation so if I see something on super sale I might buy it as the opportunity comes up. I go out expressly to buy new clothes whenever my old clothes are hanging on me so much they look messy. It usually isn't weight driven but is more a product of where the weight is coming off of.

I do that too! Well, I used to more often, but I think I'll be heading to the mall soon to see if any smaller sizes fit, it just feels good!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a work image thing I say when a 'belt wont cut it anymore' - or you find something that's an insanely good deal.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body, where you work, and how you like your clothes to fit. I had to buy shorts for over the summer and pants twice (once when I got to an 8 and then when I got to a 4) from a 12/14. I now need to purchase some winter long sleeves and sweaters as my wardrobe from last winter no longer fits.

I always like to find a good deal and love the clearance racks!! Good luck!! :happy:
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My pants are a baggy and I'm supposed to dress business professional for work. I might go to the mall to try on the next size down, but we will see if I bring myself to buy them.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading a book that says generally a 20lb weight loss equates to 2 smaller clothing sizes. I've lost about 18 pounds and I've found this to be about right.

I've got this terrible problem where none of my old clothes (including skinny jeans) fit and I have been forced to slowly go get more since I only have 2 bottoms that fit. I'm actually going out shopping tonight as I have a few store coupons.

Shopping is fun again!