Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Five

Options

Replies

• kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

So, when you see a gain on the scale (or even just have a really bad day) how do you get back on track and not let it take you into a downward spiral?

For myself, I have nothing profound or deep, I just do it! It's like I have I have the good angel and the bad devil on my shoulders LOL And doing the right thing and doing well isn't necessarily what I "want" to do, but I struggle to try and do it anyway. I have already come a long way even though I have further to go, but Lord knows I sure don't want to start over. It's been tooooo hard of work!
    So, one meal at a time, one snack at a time, one glass of water at a time I claw my way back to the top and being on a roll.
  • mbw2586
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

So, when you see a gain on the scale (or even just have a really bad day) how do you get back on track and not let it take you into a downward spiral

I typically don't let it send me into a downward spiral. I realize that a .5 pound gain is so much better than the 27 I have lost thus far. In fact, sometimes it's good every now and then because it motivates me to work extra hard that week, and I will end up with a 3 pound loss next time. There's ups and there's downs, but in the end, it will all work out to equal a healthier me :)
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD:

It's November already, which begins a challenging time of year for many of us whether it is holidays or the need for comfort food in the midst of cold weather and lack of good produce. What challenges are you facing with this time of year in relation to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and/or weight loss? What steps are you or will you be taking to not fall off track?

I'm trying to record everything on mfp. If I think about the calories before i eat I tend to eat less. Plus, mentally preparing for myself to have control of my portions

WEDNESDAY:
    I make an exercise plan. It motivates me to get back on track.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

So, when you see a gain on the scale (or even just have a really bad day) how do you get back on track and not let it take you into a downward spiral?

I usually *NEED* a day like this every now and then because it helps me JUST SAY NO. LOL!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

I'm going through this right now. Injured myself 2 1/2 weeks ago so haven't worked out nearly as much. Had a weekend where I ate a lot and am now trying to get back on track. Today I logged all of my meals this morning. I am determined to stick with what I've logged today. I do plan to work out, so I might have one extra snack as a result but that is it.
  • kjgarcia
    Options
    I'm proud of how many of us there are that just don't let it get to us!! Go MFP'ers :)
  • kjgarcia
    Options
    lablovr, you can do it!!
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

I get frustrated, but I try to blow it off. I've been losing weight consistantly, so if I just get back on that horse (so to speak) those few pounds that crept on will come back off. I also try to keep in mind that I may have eaten something with more sodium than usual, or it may be PMS time.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: So, when you see a gain on the scale (or even just have a really bad day) how do you get back on track and not let it take you into a downward spiral?
    I can't tell you how many times I've made no progress on the scale or I feel limited because I'm craving bad food, etc. and want to throw in the towel. But everytime I get discouraged, I think about you guys. I can't just quit because all of you are relying on me to be here, to lead by example, and to keep the challenge moving. I couldn't stand to let my girls down. I also look at my progress and remind mysef that I'd be an idiot to get this close and let something keep me from my goal!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sorry been MIA this weekend. UIL marching band competition, homework, etc.

Monday QOTD – Weighing and measuring and logging my food. That was all new to me. I still weigh everything, but logging is still a struggle for me. I do write it down in my daily planner, but don’t always make it to the computer. I don’t eat a lot of different foods, so I can pretty much tell how much it is. Lifting weights is was also new to me. What a difference it makes!
    Running – me too! I was running a few years ago, but now, back to less than a mile at a time. Would like to run at least 3 miles without stopping.

Tues QOTD – Normally holidays don’t bother me. I’ve been through 2 years of holidays, making candy, etc. Not been a problem. However, this year I think is going to be another story. It’s more emotional than anything else. This will be my first official holidays as a single person. Try to keep things as normal as possible for the kids and grandkid, which means I keep a lot in. The only plans I really have for fighting that is hiting the gym more. Just trying to be aware of my feelings and not dealing with them by food.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

Just get back up and keep on going. When I have a really bad day, I try to remember what it was like when I started. I don't ever want to go back. I get inspirational messages on my phone daily - this one I kept.

NEVER stop trying, even when everything seems to be lost. Stand up tall, wipe away your tears and never give up!
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: So, when you see a gain on the scale (or even just have a really bad day) how do you get back on track and not let it take you into a downward spiral?

When I see a gain on the scale I usually get sad but then I start to think about how the next few days I am going to work out harder and I am going to loss what I gain plus more. I don't get back on the scale till a few days later to make sure I lost the weight and plus. The days that I do bad I think about it as my cheat day and the next day I just motivate to work harder and eat healthier.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with this right now also,as the work out has been curbed for the past 2 weeks, and halloween kicked my butt too - HOWEVER - starting back slowly, running again starting yesterday - and keeping my mind right - a few bad days really isn't the end of the world and SURELY is not reason to throw in the towel - I don't want to go back where I came from so I need to keep moving forward!!!!

Peanut - you are the best - truly an inspiration AND DAMN YOU LOOK HOTT!!! :-)
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well, I start really being careful about how much of something I am eating - not guessing, which is what I'm prone to do.

I also don't want to let Peanut down......!

I also do feel motivated by the challenge - this feels like we really care about each other, this e world we are inhabiting. I'm not used to it, having passed my half century, but I am loving it! So, yes, keep going....don't give up....tomorrow is another day!

PS Not doing so well this week :(
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Previously I did a lot of crying, but I have to admit that I remind myself when I think of taking a day off that I have teammates to consider! This challenge is so motivating!

Also, I firmly believe that "tomorrow is another day" ... if you can't fix it today by working out, then just take the bad day and do better tomorrow. Who says every day has to be a good one? :P
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY QOTD: GETTING BACK ON TRACK AFTER BAD DAY

just do it....simple....but hard to do sometimes. some days i wanna screw up every day cuz i used to use food for comfort
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options

A couple of things...first, I've gotten REALLY good at rationalizing things as water weight. Even if that's not true I find I'm much less likely to get frustrated and give up if I think I just need to pee more!!

The other thing I've learned is to have no guilt and enjoy indulgences when they do happen (as long as they are limited). That way, like last night and the pizza, I don't walk out of it thinking my week was blown. I appreciate the pizza while I'm eating it.

I've found the more I do this, though, and the better I eat, the more doing something like eating pizza last night makes me feel terrible. I ate about 1/2 of what I used to eat and was STUFFED afterwards. Just stuff my body isn't as used to eating anymore.

I guess we'll see what happens when I try my first deep dish in Chicago (never been...already planning on that splurge)...you'll probably see some "ready to vomit" status updates!! Again, the whole thing is going to be enjoy what I eat and keep close track of hunger/fullness signals.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just try to remember the last time i let myself turn 1 bad day into 2, which led to two bad months, which led to gaining back 10lbs :S
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I'm really pretty focused on watching the scale go down. Gains or no loss really discourage me, so when I have a bad day or week, I get back on track because I want to see the scale keep dropping.
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

This actually deals with one of my changes that I really latched on to and I feel like helped me be successful. I weigh every day, like clock work, in the morning as soon as I get up. (I used to weigh once a week). The scale goes up and down depending on things I don't even know about-salt the day before, evil TOM, my digestive system...I've kind of become immune to the number but in a subconscious way I think I eat less or think more about my eating habits on those days that I was a little up on the scale. I don't know how it works-maybe it just holds me accountable every day or something...