Small, but an NSV nonetheless

Options
deeharley
deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
So today - after three days of not working out and bingeing on Halloween candy - no lectures, please - I hit the gym. AND I toally wimped out. Normally, Wednesday would be a half hour on the treadmill and some weightlifting. Today, I hit the treadmill and that's it. I also did not go as fast on the treadmill as I have been doing the last couple weeks. Seriously, it was a wimpy workout.

How is that an NSV? Well, a year ago, I joined the gym. As I started getting into the routine of working out, one of my goals became to walk a mile and a half on the treadmill in 25 minutes. Today, as I was thinking of my wimpy workout and how lazy I was being, I looked down at the distance and noticed that I had done a mile and a half in 24:40!!

I recently read on here, "One man's workout is another man's warm-up." Today, my warm-up is what used to be my workout.

Replies

• rsmorrison
    Options
    That's a great attitude and you still stuck with it. Way to go.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me today...I usually start breathing really heavy during the first 10 minutes of aerobics, but today, I must have been putting more into it, because I started breathing heavier during the first 5 minutes and was okay to stand, sit, stand, sit at the end of 30 minutes...

And the endorphins kicked in this morning!! :) That is a NSV for sure!!!
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. A year ago, would you have even worked out at all???
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think that's exactly the right attitude, to focus on what you've achieved in the long run instead of a falter in the short run. That ability to see the positive will serve you well I'm sure!!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear. I think about stuff like that all of the time. When I go out to eat with friends, I think about how many bad choices I made at this time last year and the amount of food I would eat. Celebrate the small victories!
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    Must have been a "non-workout" day....I was dreading heading to the basement,dragging my feet, finding anything to do but work-out....then I got a e-mail overing me a "scooter"!!! You know like a Hover-round...thingy!!!! :noway: Boy did that make me hit the workout !!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Must have been a "non-workout" day....I was dreading heading to the basement,dragging my feet, finding anything to do but work-out....then I got a e-mail overing me a "scooter"!!! You know like a Hover-round...thingy!!!! :noway: Boy did that make me hit the workout !!!

Haha - sorry, Insanity! Glad you worked out - put off getting that scooter a little longer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!