Let the Pounds Fall Week 1 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
First of all, I figure I better introduce myself. My name is Ally & I'm 21. As far as exercise goes the only things I like to do are ride my bike and swim. I hope this challenge will change my mindset when it comes to exercise because right now I HATE it. I'm hoping this makes exercise fun. And I hope you guys think it's fun, too!

So apparently, this is how this challenge will work: bmfrazie will post daily exercise challenges for us which I will post here as well & each team member will earn 1 point per day as long as the exercise requirements are met. If our entire team meets our exercise goals every day each week we will receive an additional 5 points for that week. We will also earn points for weight lost, though I'm not sure how many and how often quite yet, and bonus challenges will be posted every now and then for extra points.

Our bonus challenge for this week is to drink 100 ounces or 12.5 cups of water per day from Wednesday the 2nd to Saturday the 5th. You will earn 1 point for each day you complete this water challenge. That means each person can earn an extra 4 points this week. If everyone accomplishes this altogether we will earn 20 points extra. So let's do this!

I would like to make sure everyone knows, though, that these 12.5 cups of water should NOT be consumed all at once! Drinking too much water at once can overload your cells and cause them to burst. This can kill you. MAKE SURE you space out your water intake throughout the day! If you don't reach the goal of 100 ounces, don't worry about it! I won't kick you out! I promise! :wink:

As soon as I know the exercise requirements for this week I will post them here!

Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Replies

• oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I forgot to add: Sunday will ALWAYS be a rest day! So we will have challenges 6 days a week!
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well my name is Quita. I will be celebrating my husbands bday on the 11th and our 2 year anniversary Dec. 27th :bigsmile:. I have no kids. My favorite workout of choice right now is KICKBOXING! I burn an insaine amount of calories.

Btw I have 12 cups down and I will have 14 done by the time I go to bed. So I reached th 100oz for today.
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Holy cow. So far I have...one... lol I'm definitely going to have to step it up tomorrow!!!!!
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Alrighty. So I just got the spreadsheet for our group, but since a few people would rather I not share their info, I will keep it private. So let me know either on this thread or on my profile if you did your exercise for the day & if you drank all of your water. Also, I will need everyone to weigh in every Sunday & let me know so I can add it to the spreadsheet. If that doesn't work for you, let me know. I'm sure we can figure something else out.

Here's our exercise assignment for tomorrow:

"I am keeping the exercises for tomorrow rather simple since it is day one. You need to do this in a circut all at one time (not broke up through the day). You can however break up the numbers into easier sets. 75 jumping jacks 40 crunches/sit ups 30 squats 10 push ups

You should allow yourself about 1 minute rest between sets."

Doesn't sound too bad, right? And don't forget about your 100 ounces of water!

Good luck guys!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi team members ,I am 49 yrs old ready to lose some weight. I celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary on the 12th on November. It is a landmark month for me.Will do all exercises and 100 oz of water for today, east start.
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    I am almost 10 cups for today. My usual :bigsmile: so I am sure I will get that 100oz by dinner time :drinker:
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Man... I've only had two! lol I gotta step it up!!!

By the way, I just heard that tomorrow's challenge will be upper body & involves either hand weights or cans of veggies or anything else similar to hand weights. I have to find my weights....
  • Pretty_Pain
    Pretty_Pain Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    awesome challenge
  • fitnessmonthly
    Options
    November 2nd
    75 jumping jacks,40 situps,30 squats,10 pushups -done
    Water- more than 100 oz- done.
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Awesome!!! Way to go fitnessmonthly!!!! I will mark you off the list!!

I've got our assignment for tomorrow! Be sure to watch the video before performing the exercises to make sure you know exactly how to do each one. Good luck!!

2 Sets of 15 swimmers press, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21's and 2 sets of 15 tricep kickbacks

Video:
    Swimmers press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edj1s-BdyLA&feature=related
    Wood Chop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEMC1Z2U4c
    21's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIL7f7Ljb9A (note these are 7 in each position)
    Tricep Kickbacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeiqKL0jS4 (note this is 15 per SIDE so 30 per set)

And don't forget about that water!!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    75 jumping jacks,40 Crunches,30 squats,10 pushups -completed

100oz+ completed
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Yay! I will be completing mine shortly! I will update you on our score tomorrow! Awesome job guys!
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Good news team! Everyone completely all of their exercise requirements & consumed 100 ounces of water! Yay us!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Good news team! Everyone completely all of their exercise requirements & consumed 100 ounces of water! Yay us!

That is awesome!
  • fitnessmonthly
    Options
    11/4- Thursday check in-
    Water- done
    Exercises- 2 sets swimmer pressess, 2 sets tricep kickbacks,2 sets- woodchops, 2 sets 21's- all done.
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Exercise and water completed for today :bigsmile:
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Great job guys! Here's the exercise for the rest of the week!

Friday will be a REPEAT day of the WEDNESDAY workout
    Saturday will be a REPEAT of the THURSDAY workout

Water goes until Saturday!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    Todays exercises and water are completed :bigsmile:
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Here's Monday's challenge!

WATER DOES NOT COUNT FROM SATURDAY ON....THERE IS NO EXTRA POINTS FOR MONDAY FOR ANYTHING!!! I will annouce the DAILY challenge at random this week.

After having a rest day on Sunday we are going to have a hardCORE Monday.
    50 crunches/sit ups
    25 righ oblique crunches
    25 left oblique crunches
    30 bicycle crunches VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8BIvIu5pU&feature=BFa&list=PL384172C6326E29EF&lf=rellist
    35 bridge VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUNiGFvb0qY
    30 plank intervals (by this I mean start with arms extended then lower one arm to rest on your forearm and then lower the other so you are in a lower plank. Hold for a few seconds and then raise back up one arm at a time). Each complete revolution counts as one. VIDEO: FIRST ONE SHE DOES!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwmSDIVpDuo

Just like week one you can break these up into a circut of your choice. However, do your best to keep this as one workout. The easiest way to break it up is into 5 sets but you are free to do it as you would like.

If you are wanting to take it up a notch then do this video BEFORE you start your workout.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM