Running NSV!

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
I've been running for a while.. well, more like walking/running.. A few weeks back I did my first 5k..it was a bit challenging and I did walk some of it.. However, Since I accomplished that I figured I could run a good mile without stopping to walk.

Well, tonight at the club I ran 2 miles in 27 minutes at a speed of 4.3 I was so proud! I then walked a .05 mile and ran another mile..so all in all I did good.

I am loving running..too bad my knee isn't. I bought a brace and wore it tonight seemed to help..we shall see in the am.

I cannot describe how I feel while running..the more I sweat the better I feel..LOL

Replies

• Pwnpickles
    Options
    Grats on the 5k!!! I hope to be a the run a mile without walking point soon :0) Keep up the sweat!
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I understAnd that feeling. I call it a "runners high"

Congratulations & keep running!!!!!!
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My first 5 k was in 40 minutes. Second & third: 39, fourth: 36. Just have to tell yourself that it doesn't really matter that you walk, just that you get better.

When I run on the treadmill, I just try to do a little bit further each time, a little more running...

For your knee, have you tried glucosamine/chondroitin? I know some people say it doesn't do much, or that it only works because you want it to, but I have a cat that couldn't jump before she was on it. Now she can. No one told her I was giving her a medication in her dinner that made her able to jump. She wouldn't eat it if she knew!

I prefer Cosamin ASU by Nutramax Labs. All the research that says what it can do was done by them. They guarantee that what they say is in the bottle is in the bottle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!