fruit n veggie diet??

Options
Im starting next week,
Has anyone done this diet? if so how did you do?

Replies

• heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump.

No, but I'm interested, too. I think it'd be a great way to eat fewer calories and not feel deprived at all.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Are you just being a raw vegan for a short amount of time? or?
  • mandii8909
    Options
    Idk, Im just going to start it an see where i go from there!!
  • mandii8909
    Options
    I agree
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit and veggies everyday in my diet.
  • mandii8909
    Options
    I eat fruit and veggies everyday in my diet.

Im wantint to eat nothing but fruit n veggies
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, I thought that was called vegan . . .
  • bbabs99
    Options
    I mean, you'll cut calories and lose weight, but your diet will have woefully low amounts of both fat (unless you're eating avocado) and protein. Definitely not sustainable for a long time.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I mean, you'll cut calories and lose weight, but your diet will have woefully low amounts of both fat (unless you're eating avocado) and protein. Definitely not sustainable for a long time.

And coconut! Don't forget that! Coconut has lots of fat.

I would add some whole grains & nuts into this diet if I were you. Fruits & veggies have protein, but usually not enough. Also, since they're mostly low in fat, you won't be getting any omega fatty acids. I would suggest chia or flax seeds. And brown rice & oats & all those yummy grains.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

This isn't true. I'm not a vegan, but the fact is that many vegans very healthfully sustain their lifestyle for a very long (life) time, some people it's a part of their religion (Rasta). However, it is important to know what you are doing to make sure you are getting protein.

I would suggest ensuring that you eat nuts and legumes, beans are a great source of protein and fiber.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Vegans eat grain, pluses and things as well (tofu etc). Just nothing produced by an animal so no dairy, honey, meat etc.

I think crash diets are a terrible idea and there would be plenty of others saying they've messed up their metabolisms with this diet and that diet over the years.

I would say, by all means increase your fruit n veges but also eat lean protein and complex carbs and the odd treat. It may not result in such quick weight loss, but you will lose and it'll be healthy and sustainable.

Personally, I'm in this for the rest of my life
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    How about changing your focus to - I'm going to eat healthfully and include as many fruits and vegetables as I can in my day alongside my grains, proteins, nuts, legumes etc..

Cutting out entire food groups is just a fad diet, and fad diets do not work.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im not ONLY fruit and veggies, but im MAINLY fruit and veggies. Fruit for snacks, Fruit for breakfast, Then small amount of protein/carbs for dinner and lunch.

I think its a good idea to transition to mainly fruit and veggies. Good luck!
  • mandii8909
    Options

It is called Vegan
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options

It is called Vegan

Vegan is not just fruits and veggies.

Veganism is the practice of eliminating the use of animal products.
  • mandii8909
    Options
    I plan on adding things like nuts an flax seed , fresh fruits and vegetables seeds beans grains legumes dried fruits seaweeds sun-dried fruits other organic or natural foods which have not been processed freshly made fruit and vegetable juices purified water milk from a young coconut