Music and Concerts?!

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
What is everyones favorite musician/band and what was your first concert?

I used to go to a ton of concerts and be a band follower when I was younger lol but havent been to any concerts in a few years now but im going to one tomorrow Skillet is at my school!

My first was Aaron Carter lol im kinda embarrassed to say that.....

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    favorite band is Hanson, I've seen them about 37-40times.

First concert was Matchbox20 :)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Love Dave Matthews Band but I Love Love Love when Dave tourswith Tim Reynolds!!! Saw them in Vegas this year, amazing! Still trying to get tickets to see them in NYC.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    First concert was Kenny Rogers with my parents...LOL at that one. Now I am well rounded and go to several concerts a month - have seen 300+ and my favorite as of late are Levon Helm's Rambles in Woodstock, NY!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My first concert was Donny Osmond. (.....crickets)

Since we have had teenage sons we took them to see Linkin Park twice, A Day to Remember twice, The Vans Warped tour and I would do it ALL again!!!
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    my favorite concerts that i've ever been to would be the two Coheed and Cambria concerts. They're amazing live and i loooove claudio's hair. not to mention their music rocks (imo)

my very first concert was Regina Spektor, in college. I lived in Vermont, no one ever came up there...

unless you count Chris Cagle at the county fair, but that would be a pretty sad excuse for a "concert".
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    First concert was Toyah when I was 14, last concert was Duran Duran beginning October. Went to all the New Wave concerts I could go to. Also Bon Jovi in the 90s.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Favourite band is between Machine 'bleeping' Head and Stonesour. I will always have love in my heart for Mr Jimii Hendrix
    Going to see Machine 'bleepng' Head in December, on my own may I add!

First concert was 5star in 85.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My favorite band is Dream Theater, and I got to see them before Mike Portnoy left the band to tour with A7X. That was an AMAZING show, especially when they actually played my favorite DT song, "Home."

My first ever "real" concert was Bush and Veruca Salt when I was 13. That was also the first time I ever smelled pot :) LOL!

Believe it or not, the best show I've ever seen was Marilyn Manson. I won free tickets and was kind of reluctant to go,... but I was so glad I did! It's still the most memorable performance I've ever seen live!
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I have too many favorites. Best concert is a tie.... Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Sublime (with Rome)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I love concerts and shows. When I'm not working I do freelance photography for local bands...

This will TOTALLY date me...but my first concert was Simon & Garfunkel, 1983 or 1984, in Boulder, Colorado. I used to work at CU Stadium during football games and got to work at the concert. My first concert should have been The Who in 1982 when I first started working at the stadium...but my mom was like NO EFFIN' WAY! You're 12.

My first "real" rock concert was Bon Jovi/Ratt 1985...AWESOME.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My first concert was Donny Osmond. (.....crickets)

Don't feel bad, I saw Donny Osmond recently (a few years ago). :laugh: My first concert I remember was George Strait. The last few concerts I have been to were John Mayer and/or Brett Dennen.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My first concert was George Strait I think. And I just took my daughter to Taylor Swift last week. She is ten and that was her first concert
  • Elzecat
    Options
    My favorite band is Dream Theater, and I got to see them before Mike Portnoy left the band to tour with A7X. That was an AMAZING show, especially when they actually played my favorite DT song, "Home."

My first ever "real" concert was Bush and Veruca Salt when I was 13. That was also the first time I ever smelled pot :) LOL!

Believe it or not, the best show I've ever seen was Marilyn Manson. I won free tickets and was kind of reluctant to go,... but I was so glad I did! It's still the most memorable performance I've ever seen live!

I love Dream Theater--wasn't into them years ago, unfortunately, so I've only seen them twice.
  • CindyC72
    CindyC72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My fave band is Static X and my first concert was David Lee Roth and Cinderella a long, long time ago.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    First concert: NSync

Favorite concert: Haven't been to too many, but Blake Shelton was my favorite. I'm seeing Luke Bryan soon too!
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    can't pick just one favorite band, lol, but definitely avenged sevenfold, disturbed, and alesana. somehow, I've never been to a concert D:
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    first concert was Pantera when I was 14 or 15 - it was friggin awesome, and I was hooked afterwards. I used to go to concerts every weekend.....then I had kids. Now we never go anymore. Last concert was Skynyrd & Hank's Rowdy Frynds tour a few years ago
  • Elzecat
    Options

A friend took me to see Nine Inch Nails for my birthday sometime around 1993? Marilyn Manson opened the show and at the time no one had heard of him...he came out on stage and started talking about some VERY inappropriate topics...it was super creepy but he was definitely a good performer!
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    I just went to see Star Anna and The Laughing Dogs at Black Cat Bar last night!!!!. They are from Washington and are pretty damn good.
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First concert was Lionel Richie & Tina Turner. I like way too many artists to identify a favorite. :happy: