High Volume but Low(ish) Calorie?

Options
I am an evening eater/snacker and I make a point to save a few hundred calores for a snack while I am watching tv. My go to snack is a bag of popcorn, but I'm getting tired of popcorn. :)

I'm drawing a blank on what else I can have that has crunch, flavor and I can have a lot of it without doing major damage. Fruit and veggies don't cut it for this snack. LOL Any ideas?

I try to save around 250-300 calories for evening snacking.

Thanks!

Replies

• horror_hamster
    Options
    world gourmet veggie straws. delicious.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I like Smart Fries (Air Popped Potatoe Sticks) in plain and barbeque. Pretty good stuff.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Tropical flavored Sugar free Popsicles......they only have 20 calories per single stick. You could eat those like a wild animal and it wouldn't hurt you =) And they are yummy
  • lituania08
    Options
    I know you said no fruit, but an apple with cinnamon sprinkled on it is really satisfying.
  • lituania08
    Options
    I know you said no fruit, but an apple with cinnamon sprinkled on it is really satisfying.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    special k chips are a lot 4 few calories.
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have an Aldi in your neighborhood, but I love their Fit n Active brand mini caramel rice cakes.

Edit: People might call me crazy, but I also discovered that my toddler's snacks are a great way to get some munchies in for very low calories - the Gerber Graduates lil' cheddar are terrific and 35 calories per serving or so.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I know you said no fruit and veggies but I eat a cup of frozen fruit or frozen peas at night to stave off midnight munchies..love it!= because it takes longer to eat when it's frozen so it satisfies me more
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    cereal! but check the serving size- there are some cereals where you can eat like a whole cup for just 100 calories! (like rice chex I think)
  • Nyrissa
    Options
    Cereal. Depending on what type you get, you could get one that has 100-120 calories in a cup. Then just throw a bit of dried fruit or something in it to add some more flavor.

Cinnamon Cheerios are 110 Calories per cup. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    cinnamon strudel soy crisps :D 90 cal a serving!
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Quaker Crispy minis rice cakes or Pop Chips
  • monicainacoma
    monicainacoma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really like those veggie potato chips. They're in the organic aisle at the market I go to... I think the brand is Nature's something.. (Nature's Own maybe?), but I know u can eat 40 chips for only 140 calories.. I think they taste good and they satisfy my chip craving for very little calories.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    sugar and fat free pudding, w/ almond milk and graham cracker
  • alhoward8
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will look into the veggie straws and rice cakes.