Frustration. Overreaction?

Options
So. In the space of 2 weeks (and only 2 weeks ago) I lost around 2kg. Best effort so far :happy: Now I'm almost at my next fortnightly weigh in and I know it's not going to be even close.

I know losing weight isn't like clockwork and I'm trying to not think about it and just keep going (which I will anyway) but frustration is hitting...

In those 2 weeks I ate more calories (including a MASSIVE pasta dinner and dessert for my birthday), exercised less and had TOM arrive. Now these two weeks I feel like I've eaten a lot less calories and exercised more. But my sneaky peek check at the scale is showing I'm only 100 grams down over 2 weeks... two weeks!! :ohwell:

For the girls - Do you find your weight increases with your TOM well before it arrives, just before or after it arrives or during? Because this is the only thing I can come up with. From previous documenting of my weight, it seems to stall about 2 weeks prior to being due and then gain a few days before I'm due.

Thoughts?

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yes, I gain weight about a week prior and hold onto it until my TOM is over. I attribute some of it to my boobs getting enormous and some of it to bloating.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of weighing myself during my TOM this week. On Monday, my scale said that I had gained 9 pounds. Today, when I weighed it said minus 7 pounds in two days. So I'm waiting another week until my body normalizes to do an actual weigh in. I will never ever weigh myself the week of and after the TOM.
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump. I haven't paid attention but I might make a not in my diary when its that TOM. I'm curious now.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yep. I always hold onto a pound or two around that time also. Work though it. You'll see the loss next week. As I keep telling myself "Each week wont be perfect, but keep yours eyes on the prize"
  • Deb2012
    Deb2012 Posts: 124
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: I always assumed I only gained weight the week before I'm due, but thinking it could also be mid-cycle as well.... ain't it great being female hahaha.

I'll push through, has to go away eventually!

Thanks again.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm the same as the other posters- about a week before my weight either holds steady (if I've really been pushing myself) or increases a pound or two, then drops back over a few days. It's super annoying to not have a clear idea of any progress around then :grumble:
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I definitely hold on to it. Sucks.
  • Tardis17
    Options
    My weight goes up 2 lbs about 3 days before my period and also for 2 days around ovulation which for me is 13-14 days later. I swell right up too so I'm guessing I hold a lot of water weight. Extra sleep and lots of water seems to shift it again.
  • Deb2012
    Deb2012 Posts: 124
    Options
    My weight goes up 2 lbs about 3 days before my period and also for 2 days around ovulation which for me is 13-14 days later. I swell right up too so I'm guessing I hold a lot of water weight. Extra sleep and lots of water seems to shift it again.

I'm thinking I'm that... due to ovulation, I've never really tracked it but I'm almost certain it's 14(ish) days after. Which is now. Hopefully goes soon. Need to get out of this slump.