How about you make fresh peanut butter.

peanuts unsalted
    water
    vanilla extract
    cinammon
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If you read the labels on both, the differences are very clear. Protein, sugar, fat . . .

Both taste good, all things in moderation, but PB is the best bang for your buck.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How is almond butter?

AWESOME!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter and Nutella... NOM NOM NOM!!!
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nutella has a ton of sugar compared to most peanut butters.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    NUTELLA IS NOT FOOD, IT'S AN ICING!!! (Okay no more yelling). Nutella has very little nutritional value compared to natural nut butters, so with that said, in moderation, Nutella is wonderful as a treat, but if you don't like icing on your toast every morning, stick with the PB.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Nutella is just a fave on here, so that's why you hear about it a lot. Honestly, I've never heard of it until I started reading the boards regularly. I liked it, but it's not something I can see myself eating on a regular basis - too sweet for me. Peanut butter is "better" to me because it has less sugar and more protein than Nutella. I also couldn't see myself spreading Nutella on crackers but I certainly can with PB.

Both together is very good though. -_-
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is better (as long as you watch to get something that's NOT full of sugar) but I really LOVE nutella...probably just because I enjoy chocolate so much. :P
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For those who say nutella has too many unnatural ingredients and sugar (which I agree with) how about making your own?

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/special-dietary-needs/gluten-free/homemade-nutella/

This recipe uses agave nectar but some people really hate it. I don't see why a simple syrup of your sweetener of choice, or honey, wouldn't be just as effective.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Why choose? Peanut butter + nutella = YUM...

Nutritionally, natural peanut butter... (not the processed junk)
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump.... Peanut butter is hands down my love! I'm ticked the prices are expected to triple!
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love them both - but seeing as they are so high in calories they are a no-no for me. They just ake up too much of my daily calorie allowance to be worth it!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    How is almond butter?

I love the almond butter...it is a healthier nut. I have a place close by that has a machine right there that grinds it fresh, its awesome and I KNOW nothing extra is getting in there :)
  • bhartsy2011
    bhartsy2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am surprised I haven't seen anyone post anything about PB2. If you haven't heard, PB2 is a powdered peanut butter and it's awesome! I first learned of it from a nutritionist a few years ago and I've been so thankful for it. I get to enjoy my peanut butter without throwing my diet out of whack! :)

PB2 is powder so you simply measure out a serving, adding water, mix and enjoy. It's 80% less fat & calories than standard peanut butter, but ALL the flavor & texture of real. I've been using it for a few years now and I love it. I use it on toast & it's great for making homemade protein bars.

Google: PB2 for more info. You can purchase at a variety of well known websites (Amazon.com) and local store distribution is on the rise too. The maker's website is here: http://www.bellplantation.com

Traditional 2 Tbsp – 190 calories Calories from fat - 130 Saturated fat – 3 grams
    *PB2 2 Tbsp – 45 calories Calories from fat – 13 Saturated fat – 0 grams
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love Nutella but I can't keep it in the house, too tempting. I might try this recipe for the sake of research :bigsmile:

I just browsed through a bunch of homemade Nutella recipes and liked the look of this one the best. The blogger pointed out that the LA Times printed a very similar recipe. The LA Times recipe has the calorie info so here are both links.

http://www.sugoodsweets.com/blog/2005/12/nutella/

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/11/food/la-fo-nutellarec11a-2009feb11
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    pb is just more versatile. Nutella on apples would just be odd... its good on bananas but pb is something you can do a lot more with if you dont want chocolate. Its like comparing chocolate milk to milk. Sure you can use chocolate milk with lots of stuff but its not a base like milk is
  • lovelee79
    Options
    NUTELLA IS NOT FOOD, IT'S AN ICING!!! (Okay no more yelling). Nutella has very little nutritional value compared to natural nut butters, so with that said, in moderation, Nutella is wonderful as a treat, but if you don't like icing on your toast every morning, stick with the PB.

So growing up all the fat kids in class ate nutella sandwiches. That was a huge red flag for me!
    I've tried it before and it is so amazingly delicious !! If you want some just eat tiny bits. Its not good for weight loss.... it IS like icing, its a dessert!! Go for peanut butter... but better yet go for the really nutritious one: Almond butter :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of peanut butter. I suggest you look into a more healthy alternative. Even sunbutter, while equal in calories, has a lot more nutritional benifits over most kinds of peanut butter. Just the same, powder mix peanut butter is 1/3 the amount of calories of regular peanut butter
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    ok
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    PB + Nutella + banana = Heaven nom nom :bigsmile: