Help.. having a blonde moment

Options
Hi all, Quite new to this but finding it helpful in recording what I eat and how much I exercise. I am just trying to work out my new weight. I always work in stones and pounds so trying to convert it to just lbs.... So heres my problem.. I was 10.4, which was easy to work out... 10.4 x 14... Now I am 9 stone 11. But I cant work out how many lbs that is?

If you use a online calculator and put in 9.11 x 14 it comes up as 127- brilliant!!! but makes out I have lost 10lbs, which I havent... If I lost another 6 lbs and was 9.5 it would then calculate 132lbs so would work out more than I am now. I am sure there is a simple answer to this, but I can not work it out? Any advice?

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    a scale? Not sure how they work across the pond, but here in the states, the scales measure you in pounds only, because over here, some stones weight more than others, and rocks weigh more than stones. Not trying to be hurtful, I just find it humorous that across the pond weight is calculated in stones.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    1 stone = 14 lbs.

9 stone = 126 lbs.

Plus 11 = 137 lbs.
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi ya,

I work in stones/lbs too. It's easier if you work it out like this. 10 Stone = 140 lbs. Then you just need to minus the amount you're under. So there's 14 lbs to a stone, if you're 9-11 then you need to minus 3 lbs which totals 137 lbs. You were 144 lbs so you've lost 7 lbs! Half a stone.. Well done :)
    Let's not get started on US/UK jokes.. We'd be on here all day!!
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I did figure it out in the end, but having to do 2 calculations.... The online converters do not take this into consideration!!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i usually use the online conversion calculators, and they're great! i'm english, so work in stones. but i live in new zealand, so also work in kilos. and i know my american chums work in lbs, so try to work that out too!
  • SarahC75
    Options
    Yeah, the online converters use the decimal point as just that, a decimal, so it was looking at .11 of a stone. If I don't have my phone handy to convert, I usually just type it in google. The main stone, then just add the odd pounds on myself :)
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Type "9 stone 11 pounds in pounds" into a google search and it will convert it for you!