What's your talent?

Options
jayb0ne
jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
Hey all,

So, I'm sure we all have talents and skills outside being very knowledgable about nutrition and exercise.

I'd be interested to know what talents we have hidden amongst us. For example, I'm quite skilled at video editing. Sony Vegas is my tool of choice.

Jump in, what do you do exceptionally well, outside nutrition and exercise?

Jay

Replies

• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I sing well :blushing:
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am good at golf. I play to a 3 handicap. I was also the Illinois State champion archer for 5 years in a row when I was a kid.
  • flyingv555
    Options
    I sing and play piano. Everybody has me sing for their weddings!
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    I'm a music major, so I am singer and piano player. I also play the ukulele. I am a photographer too. Jack of all trades, here. =P
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i play the bass trombone in a brass band and I have a black belt in karate and im going to be representing ireland in belgium in a week!! :blushing: :tongue:
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do photography as a hobby and I've learned the night sky (can point out the way if you're lost in the woods. Haha. But I'd rather be lost in the woods) :-)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Singing, acting, and improvisational comedy (see my ticker for stage pix)
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good stuff guys, keep em coming!

I also act. I personally don't rate myself as a 'great' actor but I got some TV roles and my own IMDB page so I guess someone thought I could act at some point! ;~)

Jay
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Black Belt, DJ, Licensed Motorcyclist, Licensed Scuba Diver, and a Sound Technician. Also done a fair amount of amateur acting in my past
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty good cook. Licensed Massage Therapist. I am a fair drummer. Got over 3 decades as a Goal Keeper. Been studying Martial Arts since 1974 and have had my own school.
    Can speak two languages fluently, and two others only as they relate to martial arts. I am a good father and husband. Oh, and Grandfather. If I had to rate the above I would rate Parent as my number one accomplishment. Then Husband, and, I hope, Chef someday.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba Queen...

But my expertise is being sexy as **** :wink:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i was trained in classical and jazz guitar.
    drawing (realistically and animation)
    cooking (since I can remember)

These are the three things I am highly confident in my ability in ^^ I am actually rather proficient in a lot of stuff though xD
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm good at cooking, crafts, languages, writing and synthesis. I also have a very good memory and always win at Trivial Pursuit, lol!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I'm good at cooking, crafts, languages, writing and synthesis. I also have a very good memory and always win at Trivial Pursuit, lol!
    I read this really quick without paying attention like "I'm good at cooking rats" :D
    Anyways I sing play guitar and piano and I like languages and can pick up accents and know where you're from by listening even though I might not understand what you say :P
  • stampede55
    Options
    I've been told that I am pretty talented when it comes to freestyling and recording hip hop tracks.
    I can sing and play around on the guitar.
    I'm also a beast on the softball field.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I read this really quick without paying attention like "I'm good at cooking rats" :D
    Anyways I sing play guitar and piano and I like languages and can pick up accents and know where you're from by listening even though I might not understand what you say :P

I'd cook rats but I heard they were pretty high in calories.
    Surprisingly though, "rat recipes" yields a lot of Google results. http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/smothered.htm
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Actual talents? I'd have to say drawing or anything creative I can do free hand or on the computer.

Random skills? I'm very good at Jeopardy, I've only missed the final question a couple times. So I know lots of random information. I can also mentally add up everything in a shopping cart within one dollar. I watched a lot of Price Is Right as a child, yes.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm a talented writer. I'm great at public speaking. (I was painfully shy as a child, so as soon as I started school, my parents put me in extracurricular activities that required me to speak in front of groups. By the time I graduated from high school, I was a pro. Thanks, Mom & Dad. It's been a useful skill.)

I bake exceptionally well, especially cookies and breads. I'm a good cook in general, but baking is something I just seem to "get."

I also dance very well. My mom and dad were/are great dancers, so that's yet another talent I owe to them.
  • BHAK
    BHAK Posts: 33
    Options
    In the words of Billy Currington...."Im good at drinking beer":bigsmile:

Seriously...I'm a good listener...some people just need to talk through things to see the answer that they already know,,,
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Training Unicorns to jump over rainbows.....was hard at first but now im amazing at it