Hi ho

Options
Hi all,

I'm a chubby computer geek married to a wonderfull silly man. I'm trying to be healthier, and part of that is loosing weight.

I've always been chubby or fat (or since I hit puperty at least), but two times I have "let myself go" to reach close to 120kgs which is just uncomfortable to live as. First time, a work change helped change my habbits and self esteem. I managed to get down to close to 80kgs, but for various life reasons I "didn't have time" to keep it like that. So the second time happened. Been working slowly at changing my habbits and such, this time it will be permanent! Now that I've managed to get to 100kgs and helt steady for a while I need to kick start myself again to get well below that!

I joined this site to see if it will help to keep track of what I eat and such to identify where I can do better. I've been lurking on the forums for the past few days, seeing how people are and such and I am happy amazed at how nice and supportive everyone is. You've really built an awesome community here and I look forward to being part of that :)

Replies

• amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hey Welcome!!!!
  • I just joined this site 2 days ago myself for the same reason, and I think you have found just the place to help you reach your goals.
    I am going to add you as a friend, help each other stay motivated. I like all the support found from everyone here! :happy:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mpesr4765
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I joined about about a week and a half ago after joining a weight loss group at our church that uses this site to track our food and exercise. I too have always battled weight problems. I was always on the larger end of all comparisons to people my height 6ft. But I would say what really triggered an intense weight gain was going through alcohol rehab when I was 24. I am now 46, will be 47 in April 2012. I went from 285 lbs at that point to where I was when I joined this site, 509.5 lbs. I do have to let you know that after weigh in this week on Tuesday, I lost 7 lbs in one week, using the tools on this site, tracking my foods and exercise, I am now at 502.5 lbs and look forward to the day when I am at my goal, 200. It will be a long, hard journey, but I believe that through my faith in God and myself, I know that one day I'll be there. You can do it too. Please feel free to send me a friend request on here, I'd love to experience our weightloss journey together. I am also on facebook at www.facebook.com/mikeenders
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome :) Glad to meet people with similar goals