Amazing Soup Diet!!???

Options
Has anyone ever tried this 7 day jumpstart called the amazing soup diet. My mom found it on good housekeeping and asked me to try it with her this week....i started today and I was curious about it so I was hoping for some feedback from people who have tried it...THANKS!!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Does it sound like a good idea? Does it give you all the nutrients your body needs to function properly? Gimmicky diets like this will give you a quick loss usually, but it usually comes right back when you start eating normally again.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Seriously? :ohwell:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like the one my mother does- dear, God, no. Please don't use that as a means to lose weight. My mom loses about ten pounds when she does it and then gains 15 back within a week. Please don't look for short cuts.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I imagine its a bit like the cabbage soup diet that was going around years ago? you'll lose weight but probably will be far to far under your calorie goal so in that respect its probably not that healthy.
    Having said that, its a decent meal replacement for 1 meal and full of nutrients so if you're just using it for lunch its probably fine.
  • Jessk63
    Options
    thanks ladies....this actually involves a lot of eating.....the only meal that is soup is the dinner....but you can change the soup to make it heartier like into a chili or something like that.....like today i had yogurt and fruit for breakfast....and it calls for a turkey sandwich on wheat with no cheese for lunch....tons of water and snacks that are only fruits and veggies or they offer a list of things if you have a craving for sweet or salty stuff....its only seven days but i was afraid of it being a quick loss then an even quicker gain when i go back to having regular dinner....im still tracking my calories on here to make sure im getting enough
  • Jessk63
    Options
    I imagine its a bit like the cabbage soup diet that was going around years ago? you'll lose weight but probably will be far to far under your calorie goal so in that respect its probably not that healthy.
    Having said that, its a decent meal replacement for 1 meal and full of nutrients so if you're just using it for lunch its probably fine.

yes thats exactly it its the cabbage soup diet but it is only a one meal replacement....you still eat a full breakfast and lunch
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My dad had kidney stones the size of nickels and could only eat soup for 2 weeks. He lost 21 lbs in that time and has kept about 15 of those lbs off and it's been almost a year.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    My dad had kidney stones the size of nickels and could only eat soup for 2 weeks. He lost 21 lbs in that time and has kept about 15 of those lbs off and it's been almost a year.

How can I get me some kidney stones? I only have 25 pounds to lose til goal!

:noway:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    So how can you inhale as much food as you like and still slim down? Here’s the trick: For breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you’ll eat portion-controlled meals. But at any other time of day, you can have bowl after bowl of our nutrition-packed Hearty Vegetable Soup — since it’s only 45 calories per cup, you can knock back as much of it as you like and still lose weight.

-From goodhousekeeping.com

I'm thinking no.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a horrible idea, just like every other time I've heard about soup diets.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    So how can you inhale as much food as you like and still slim down? Here’s the trick: For breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you’ll eat portion-controlled meals. But at any other time of day, you can have bowl after bowl of our nutrition-packed Hearty Vegetable Soup — since it’s only 45 calories per cup, you can knock back as much of it as you like and still lose weight.

I'm thinking no.

Pretty sure that's bullsh!t. I mean, mathematically, I'm totally sure... but anyone who reads this and believes it is a moron.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    know what else works? eating fruits and vegetables, counting calories, burning more than you consume, and exercising regularly.

you know. just an idea.
  • Jessk63
    Options

I'm thinking no.

no no no you dont inhale as much food as you want....its a meal plan....they have all the meals planned out for 7 days...for example today i had yogurt and fruit for breakfast....and for lunch it calls for a turkey sandwich no cheese...snacks are veggies ...sorry i should have clarified
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Good Housekeeping from what decade?
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

I'm thinking no.

Pretty sure that's bullsh!t. I mean, mathematically, I'm totally sure... but anyone who reads this and believes it is a moron.

When I am having days when I feel like "inhaling my food," I typically don't go running for the veggie soup. I don't like any diets with the word inhale on them, it scares me. lol
  • Jessk63
    Options
    know what else works? eating fruits and vegetables, counting calories, burning more than you consume, and exercising regularly.

you know. just an idea.

pretty sure i didn't ask for rude sarcastic responses just some ideas....ive lost over 40lbs and maintained it for almost 2 years im pretty sure i know how to eat...im only on here to lose 10 more and to help with maintaining and i just enjoy it....my mom was asking about this and trying it i just offered to do it with her as support....i still count all my calories on here and intend on making sure to maintain my daily allotment....but thank you for your intelligent suggestions.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of it but as long as it is using healthy soups it's probably okay. Soups can be great as meals because they contain a water so you fill full (until you hit the bathroom).
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

I'm thinking no.

no no no you dont inhale as much food as you want....its a meal plan....they have all the meals planned out for 7 days...for example today i had yogurt and fruit for breakfast....and for lunch it calls for a turkey sandwich no cheese...snacks are veggies ...sorry i should have clarified

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/_mobile/recipes/healthy/amazing-soup-diet-1007

Paragraph two, maybe they should clarify.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

you know. just an idea.

pretty sure i didn't ask for rude sarcastic responses just some ideas....ive lost over 40lbs and maintained it for almost 2 years im pretty sure i know how to eat...im only on here to lose 10 more and to help with maintaining and i just enjoy it....my mom was asking about this and trying it i just offered to do it with her as support....i still count all my calories on here and intend on making sure to maintain my daily allotment....but thank you for your intelligent suggestions.

*looks again... nope, no rudeness there. sorry you misinterpreted my response.

p.s. as a sidenote limiting your diet to liquid or pureed foods may cause digestive problems when done for extended periods. don't believe me? ask a medical professional. better yet, ask more than one.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

you know. just an idea.

Strangely enough, I discovered the same thing.

It seems to work a lot better than any fad diet.
This discussion has been closed.