Stealing

Options
MFPAddict
MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
The thread about the woman stealing a sandwich got me thinking about the subject. Specifically, what (if anything) do I steal, and what enters my mind to justify it. I actually came up with a few, and I am curious who else has some of their own. Not specific to items, but services as well.

Here are the ones I came up with:

1. I am a sip stealer. Nothing really enters my mind other than the fact I really enjoy my Diet Pepsi. Well I just came up with one as I type this. To make up for all the times I have gone through a drive though and got three sips of soda and a full glass of ice. If you tell them light ice, you rarely get enough.

2. Fast food napkins. Again, another situation where poor service at the drive through is my justification. If I go inside to eat, I always grab extras for the car.

3. Free ride on public transportation. There is a fare booth where I catch my morning trolley. The woman who most often works there is one of the worst workers I have ever seen. Despite non smoking signs, she lights up. She watches tv in the booth and ignores the patrons. Worst of all she leaves the booth unattended to run errands. The fare box is still accessible, but if she isn't there I walk ride by without putting in my ticket. I know several people that have complained about this woman, but nothing ever gets done about it. The lack of concern of management is probably enough justification for me, but to add to it MY tax dollars are used to help support this mis-managed transportation system.

Please feel free to add your comments or your own examples.

Replies

• morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I take Splenda from Sheetz...even if I'm not getting a coffee...

I know....I'm a bad girl...lol :devil:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Pens from work. And note pads. Not like I'm filling up grocery bags with them, but I will on occasion take home a few here and there to use.

Salt/pepper packets and plastic utensils from the cafeteria downstairs. If I buy lunch, I'll grab a few extra forks and spoons and stuff to keep at my desk for when I bring my lunches.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Definitely with you on the fast food napkins. I also have been known to snag extra taco bell hot sauce, or Arbys sauce to stash at home for future use. I wouldn't do this if they weren't so dang stingy with them when you ask! I swear...some of the fast food workers must get a bonus for withholding sauce packets or something...they act like its coming out of their own pocket!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Grapes. Nuff said.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    The thread about the woman stealing a sandwich got me thinking about the subject. Specifically, what (if anything) do I steal, and what enters my mind to justify it. I actually came up with a few, and I am curious who else has some of their own. Not specific to items, but services as well.

Here are the ones I came up with:

1. I am a sip stealer. Nothing really enters my mind other than the fact I really enjoy my Diet Pepsi. Well I just came up with one as I type this. To make up for all the times I have gone through a drive though and got three sips of soda and a full glass of ice. If you tell them light ice, you rarely get enough.

2. Fast food napkins. Again, another situation where poor service at the drive through is my justification. If I go inside to eat, I always grab extras for the car.

3. Free ride on public transportation. There is a fare booth where I catch my morning trolley. The woman who most often works there is one of the worst workers I have ever seen. Despite non smoking signs, she lights up. She watches tv in the booth and ignores the patrons. Worst of all she leaves the booth unattended to run errands. The fare box is still accessible, but if she isn't there I walk ride by without putting in my ticket. I know several people that have complained about this woman, but nothing ever gets done about it. The lack of concern of management is probably enough justification for me, but to add to it MY tax dollars are used to help support this mis-managed transportation system.

Please feel free to add your comments or your own examples.

#2 is me! When I'm at a fast food place, I always grab more than I need and take the extras for my car....after all, it's not like they can reuse them =)
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Definitely with you on the fast food napkins. I also have been known to snag extra taco bell hot sauce, or Arbys sauce to stash at home for future use. I wouldn't do this if they weren't so dang stingy with them when you ask! I swear...some of the fast food workers must get a bonus for withholding sauce packets or something...they act like its coming out of their own pocket!

I took the kids to Arby's a while back and my nephew LOVES to drown his sandwich in the Arby sauce. I asked for LOTS. The kids at the drive through said, "can you be specific how many? I'm only allowed to give out 2 per sandwich or I can get fired, but if you give me a number of how many you want I can give them to you." *smh* Seriously??
  • cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Condiments. We camp a lot I hate bring a whole thing of Ketchup or Mustard for the 2-3 days we are gone. So I always stock up at fast food places whenever I can!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

I took the kids to Arby's a while back and my nephew LOVES to drown his sandwich in the Arby sauce. I asked for LOTS. The kids at the drive through said, "can you be specific how many? I'm only allowed to give out 2 per sandwich or I can get fired, but if you give me a number of how many you want I can give them to you." *smh* Seriously??
    Hilarous! When I was in high-school and waitressing at a banquet hall, my friend and I stole a whole bottle of Arby's sauce and took it to work with us. My brother was the chef there, and we asked him to please duplicate the 'secret recipe' so we could have our own all the time...LOL!
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Yum Heidi! Oh and I'm with you on the Taco Bell sauce too. I get handfuls to take home; I use it sometimes when I'm cooking Mexican at home in my recipes!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im guilty of taking napkins ...and ketchup....and the flavored creamers ..and i dont even drink coffee..lol
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Yum Heidi! Oh and I'm with you on the Taco Bell sauce too. I get handfuls to take home; I use it sometimes when I'm cooking Mexican at home in my recipes!

I have a stash of taco bell sauce...and also sporks =)
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I take Splenda from Sheetz...even if I'm not getting a coffee...

I know....I'm a bad girl...lol :devil:

I LOVE SHEETZ! :D

Have you tried their hot chocolate?! :L
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have stolen those little plastic condiment cups from fast food joints because I needed lots of them to make jello shots for a party.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I have stolen those little plastic condiment cups from fast food joints because I needed lots of them to make jello shots for a party.

Best response yet! :laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I like to steal girls under panties from dryers at the laudromat.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I need the Victoria's Secret ones back....they are expensive....
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

I'm just glad someone realized I was joking.
  • gomezgirl76
    gomezgirl76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :smile: Off the subject (SORRY!)...but DAMN you look good in your profile pix!!!!!! =)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

This actually happened to me once...this "mentally challanged' guy who lived in an apartment below me picked out every single pair out of a load I had the dryer! I couldn't prove it, but knew it was him because put his head down and ran away every time he saw me after that. I shudder to think of what became of my beloved Calvin Klein bikinis :frown:
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

This actually happened to me once...this "mentally challanged' guy who lived in an apartment below me picked out every single pair out of a load I had the dryer! I couldn't prove it, but knew it was him because put his head down and ran away every time he saw me after that. I shudder to think of what became of my beloved Calvin Klein bikinis :frown:

Wasn't me. I did steal from a dryer one time though. I was one of 8 Marines stationed at a Naval Base in San Diego. I was in a Cryptography class. I was doing my laundry and found a pair of the denim jeans in the dryer when I opened it. The work jeans that the Squids wore. With the buttons up the front. They fit me and I kept them. That was in 1973.