I don't feel like cheating yet.... but

Options
my husband is out of town for 3 days. He doesn't exactly help keep me on track or anything, but I am much less likely to go out and buy some junk if he's here, just because I get really embarrassed if he does happen to make a comment. So right now I'm feeling ok about things. But I have 2 more alone days after today to worry about. So how about a tiny little motivational comment that I can think of if I happen to feel tempted? I'm trying to be proactive these days, lol! I will never expect not to be tempted at some point or another...
Don't get me wrong: I want to do this! I just want to be so careful not to fall off the wagon again! I'm only about 2 months back into the swing of things...

Replies

• RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    my husband is out of town for 3 days. He doesn't exactly help keep me on track or anything, but I am much less likely to go out and buy some junk if he's here, just because I get really embarrassed if he does happen to make a comment. So right now I'm feeling ok about things. But I have 2 more alone days after today to worry about. So how about a tiny little motivational comment that I can think of if I happen to feel tempted? I'm trying to be proactive these days, lol! I will never expect not to be tempted at some point or another...
    Don't get me wrong: I want to do this! I just want to be so careful not to fall off the wagon again! I'm only about 2 months back into the swing of things...
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    Jeez I sounds like a whiner, don't I? Lol. Sorry to be so pathetic!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have an idea.

Use this time to make all the healthy stuff you have though about and would like to try but haven't because you thought your husband might not like it. That's what I do when the wife's away.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I don't feel like cheating yet... but
    my husband is out of town for 3 days.
    Don't get me wrong: I want to do this!

You know what I think I got this wrong :laugh:
    At least find someone fit and active who will make you sweat tons over him :laugh:

:wink:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Okay I'm watching you, don't buy any junk, I'm undercover in the grocery store!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I am more likely to fall off the wagon if I'm home alone. Since hubby is in law school most nights - I'm usually home alone with the kids. So I try to have a schedule - stay busy, and if I find myself starting to think about over eating, I will mentally stop myself and visualize myself doing something else. Most of the time that works pretty well, but you have to stay alert and be aware of triggers and signs that you are starting to think about over eating (I used to overeat blindly, without being really aware of it.) You CAN do it! :flowerforyou:
  • m_bordeau23
    Options
    Even though your husband isn't there doesn't mean he can't monitor what you're eating. Call him or email him at the end of the day all of the things that you ate. That way he'll know if you did eat something bad and you'll make better choices during the day.
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have an idea.

Use this time to make all the healthy stuff you have though about and would like to try but haven't because you thought your husband might not like it. That's what I do when the wife's away.

oooh... this is a great idea!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Report in here as often as possible. We're here for you!
    :bigsmile:
    You can do it!
  • Lynn661
    Lynn661 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have an idea.

oooooh I like this one too.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Report in here as often as possible. We're here for you!
    :bigsmile:
    You can do it!

I know how that goes! My honey is always on field ops or deployed so i struggle alot with eating junk food since im lonely but think about it this way. when he comes home and see' s your eating healthy and doing a great job it might make him want to join with you.. if you ever need someone to vent too you can always email me... im all ears! :happy:
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the ideas! Especially about making foods he won't eat! Hell, I cook whatever I feel like anyway. If he wants to eat it, fine, if not, there's PB and some bread. Enjoy. He's usually fine, but then again, I am a boooooring cook. Grilled chicken and veggies are a staple. Of course nursing school and a lack of time really don't give me much opportunity to get too creative in the kitchen, lol. Every once in a while I get brave though.
    You guys all rock, btw! \m/(>.<)\m/
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    I don't feel like cheating yet... but
    my husband is out of town for 3 days.
    Don't get me wrong: I want to do this!

You know what I think I got this wrong :laugh:
    At least find someone fit and active who will make you sweat tons over him :laugh:

:wink:

Lmao! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Definitely not cheating on him, lol. Although it would be nice if he WOULD make me sweat it out more often! :blushing: :grumble: :blushing:

I'm hoping that will come with some big-time weight loss!
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    Just reporting in, lol. I took a nap this evening. That was a great way not to cheat! :laugh:
    Anyway, it's all good so far. Thanks for keeping me accountable!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.
    My husband is taking our 2 girls out of town for almost a week. I'll be home alone with the pup.. I will make sure he takes all the junk food that I like with him. I've been doing soooooo good for almost 3 weeks. I haven't cheated or anything. Me being alone for that long will be a test for sure.

We can do this!

:flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    When my husband is out of town - I find other non-food ways to cheat.

Get a pedicure
    Get a massage
    Get a manicure
    Get a facial
    Buy some new lingerie

If none of those are in the budget... get some candles, a trashy magazine and some bubble bath and treat yourself to a long, luxurious soak.

OR

Bust your *kitten* for the next 2 days working out so that you feel awesome when he comes home and welcome him home "properly" :love: :love:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Bust your *kitten* for the next 2 days working out so that you feel awesome when he comes home and welcome him home "properly" :love: :love:
    Woooooot!
    Now, that's what I'm talkin bout!
    2uge4p4.gif
    inlove2.gif
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I live alone and have been my entire adult life. Don't make that an excuse! Use this time as a reflection time and try new things.....new things that your hubby isn't there to criticize or judge. When I hear how spouse sabotage their mates food/exercise habits, I'm SO glad I'm alone and get to have all the freedom I want! :drinker:
    And....calling it cheating makes it sound bad....if you want something special to eat....do it.....but in moderation. If you are committed to making life changes, then one special food isn't going to kill ya. If you know that it will open a lot of old demons...then best to try something new!
  • RNLeslie
    Options

I like that, haha! :laugh:
    I think that is what I should do. Then we'll see if he goes for it when he comes back. :blushing: He usually doesn't. :grumble: :sad: But that, my friend, is another topic for another day...
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    2 days down, and still 100% on track. Woot! :tongue: