Options
    I totally agree!!
    With whom?
  • PreciousMissy
    Options
    his name was Bubba Smith.

that right there speaks volumes.
    Charles Aaron "Bubba" Smith

Smith originally had hopes of playing college football at the University of Texas. Even though Longhorns head coach Darrell Royal was willing to offer him an athletic scholarship, he was prohibited from doing so because of the prevalent racial segregation throughout the Southern United States.

Smith played college football at Michigan State University. He was awarded with All-America honors in 1965 and 1966. Smith was a popular athlete at Michigan State, with the popular fan chant of "Kill, Bubba, Kill."

Smith spent nine seasons in the NFL as a defensive end. He was the first overall selection in the 1967 NFL draft, chosen by the Baltimore Colts. The Colts won Super Bowl V at the end of the 1970 season, earning Smith his only Super Bowl ring. However, in interviews, Smith stated that he would never wear the ring, as it was seen as a "sloppy" game by many. He was traded to the Oakland Raiders before the 1972 season, and finished his career with the Houston Oilers. He was selected All-Pro one year, All-Conference two years, and went to two Pro Bowls.

*** Appeared to be a good upstanding guy that either made a fatal mistake, or was told to do so by someone else. Let's not disparage him now -- much less because of his nickname.

Well said!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    the medical industry has an AGENDA folks

Just today I wondered, why do all these women on hormonal birth control get migraines on their period? Well --- it's a DRUG they're taking and every month when they go on the rag, they're going thru withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking it. Not rocket science.

Such a shame... poor Bubba... poor Bubba for being named "Bubba", too.

I think you have an agenda.. Sounds like you want more meds all to yourself.. I'm onto you.

You wish.

your mom has an agenda.

Mother is dead, and I had a feeling she was haunting me.. Thanks for confirming it!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    his name was Bubba Smith.

that right there speaks volumes.
    Charles Aaron "Bubba" Smith

Smith originally had hopes of playing college football at the University of Texas. Even though Longhorns head coach Darrell Royal was willing to offer him an athletic scholarship, he was prohibited from doing so because of the prevalent racial segregation throughout the Southern United States.

Smith played college football at Michigan State University. He was awarded with All-America honors in 1965 and 1966. Smith was a popular athlete at Michigan State, with the popular fan chant of "Kill, Bubba, Kill."

Smith spent nine seasons in the NFL as a defensive end. He was the first overall selection in the 1967 NFL draft, chosen by the Baltimore Colts. The Colts won Super Bowl V at the end of the 1970 season, earning Smith his only Super Bowl ring. However, in interviews, Smith stated that he would never wear the ring, as it was seen as a "sloppy" game by many. He was traded to the Oakland Raiders before the 1972 season, and finished his career with the Houston Oilers. He was selected All-Pro one year, All-Conference two years, and went to two Pro Bowls.

*** Appeared to be a good upstanding guy that either made a fatal mistake, or was told to do so by someone else. Let's not disparage him now -- much less because of his nickname.

Well said!

^ Ditto! Well said! Such a shame how he passed:(