OATMEAL

Options
oatmeal.....I was always a 'packet' oatmeal eater until recently. After reading a few threads on here regarding breakfast options, I decided to try making my own oatmeal.

Oh My God.....soooooooo good! I have been mixing with peanut butter and honey or 1.5t milk chocolate chips. WOW, I love it! I ate this morning around 9 and am still full!

Any other options for when I get sick of the peanut butter flavor? I love the fact that it melts into the oatmeal :)

Replies

• coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    I make my Tropicali oatmeal which is made with mandarin oranges, coconut and sliced bananas on top. I make the oatmeal with almond milk because it makes it more creamy and I always add in a little bit of vanilla extract.
    My second oatmeal choice it apples cut up cooked with cinnamon and vanilla, almond milk and sometimes walnuts.
    I try to make it different a couple of times a week. I have found that the blueberry craisins are good with the mandarin oranges.
    I have oatmeal pretty much every morning. It makes me feel full until lunch and Im less likely to snack. I do make it with rolled oats from the health food store and cook it on the stovetop. I make a double batch so the next day I can add a little almond milk and microwave it.
    Good luck!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love old fashioned oatmeal because it fills me up for SO long. Here is what I add:

Coconut butter
    apples
    Cinnamon
    almonds
    Almond butter
    blueberries
    ground flax
    banana

Not all at once, i do mix and match. The other day I had it with some coconut butter, apples and flax. Good stuff.
  • xhaller
    Options
    Here's a gallery of more oatmeal topping ideas than you could ever imagine!!

http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/quaker-instant-oats.aspx#/ideas
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love cooking bananas and/or dates right into my oatmeal. It gets really sweet, and I don't need to add sugar. Then I add some milk, and maybe nuts on top. So good! :D
  • Check this site out:

http://ohsheglows.com/recipes/
    (Scroll down to the breakfast section, she has both hot and overnight oat recipes that are fantastic!)
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    canned pumpkin (NOT pie filling), pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract

Dried cranberries and slivered almonds

Chopped up dried apricots
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    blueberries, cinnamon, and vanilla extract

pineapple, coconut, and almond extract
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas! and websites :smile:
  • eriquita
    Options
    #1 : (mashed) banana, cinnamon, milk and oatmeal.
    #2: raisins, milk and oatmeal.

mmmmmmmm yummy ! is it breakfast yet?? :tongue:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who eats plain oatmeal? I just eat it with cold milk. No sugar or anything added in. It's delicious.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I put raisins in mine and then use almond milk instead of "regular" milk. Really good.
  • AMA983
    AMA983 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bump!
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal never fills me up but I do like it! Here in France they make it with milk or... yogurt?! I know. But I tried it - one serving of plain yogurt with 5-ish spoonfuls of oatmeal, stir it up, microwave it, bam. I usually add honey and fruit (banana or raisins or something)
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've added a lot of things but never peanut butter or chocolate chips. Will try it tomorrow a.m.