When do you roll out the holiday merriment gear?

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
They are wheeling in a Christmas tree here at work.

Meanwhile co-workers are still trying to tempt me with fresh halloween candy

Very funny!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Friday after Thanksgiving...not a moment sooner.

Oh wait, December 1st. Yes, that's it...*ducks MrsC's glare*
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Christmas stuff goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving at this house. Want to help?
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Weekend after Thanksgiving.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Today if I could! I love Christmas decorating...unfortunately I'm not allowing myself to do it until this place is really clean...which could be ????? So realistically e week of Thanksgiving! Can't wait!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well, since I consideThanksgiving a holiday, I roll out the fall decor and pie dishes right about now. The Christmas tree goes up after Thanksgiving.
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    The day after Thanksgiving. All Christmas goes away New Year's Day - except the manger scene on the mantel. It stays until the Epiphany.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My household decorations go up whenever I feel like it. One year I had everything up the weekend before Thanksgiving, another year I didn't get my tree up until the weekend before Christmas and last year I didn't even put up the tree. With my Christmas clothing though, I always wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving before wearing it.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I find it so annoying when I see Christmas stuff before Halloween is even over. I don't do anything Christmas related until Thanksgiving is underway. No Christmas music, decorations, nothing until the turkey is eaten. lol
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    We always put our tree up on Thanksgiving :smile: I start Christmas shopping October 1st. :laugh:
  • lilybug13
    Options
    Christmas music is allowed and encouraged around me from 12:01am day after Thanksgiving until 11:59pm December 25th :-) Decorations usually come out the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend (or roughly Dec. 1st).
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I already have all of my Christmas stuff up!!!
    LOL Just kidding. Probably 1st of December...maybe later. I don't decorate much but a live tree.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    The outdoor lights go up soon - likely next weekend, however they do not get switched on until December. It's just too cold trying to manipulate lights outdoors in December up here in Canadia.

House - Last weekend Novemeber/first weekend in December
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    The weekend after Thanksgiving. Tree goes up the end of the first week of December.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    friday after thanksgiving i roll up the fall decorations and pull out the yule decorations. i have the day off from work anyway, might as well make it usefull.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If it were up to me, most years it would be December 23.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    We put up the tree and decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. :D

I LOVE this time of year!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    The first weekend in December we'll start to decorate. We make it a 2 week process. We like to make snowflakes and other decorations for the house.

The tree goes up 2 weeks before Christmas. I have too many kids and dogs for it to go up sooner. lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't really celebrate Christmas anymore so I don't decorate for it.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If it were up to me, most years it would be December 23.

Dad?

My dad would, without fail, haul the tree out to the curb the morning of the 26th.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Friday after Thanksgiving...not a moment sooner.

Oh wait, December 1st. Yes, that's it...*ducks MrsC's glare*

You're learning, my dear.

I do mine the first weekend in December.